Why become a member? ×

Washburn XB-600 six string Bass, as New!

sixshooter

[attachment=5845:Front_Washburn_600.jpg][attachment=5844:Body_Washburn_600.jpg][attachment=5846:DSC0
1019.JPG]

Just put this up for sale on Ebay and thought that someone here may like a bargin! I have not used this and it is still in its box. I saved it from being turned into a 5 string by somone who could not manage a 6 string..... :)

"In as New condition, with all original packing, labels and even unopened lead! Just to be on the safe side I would say 9.5 out of 10 but I don't think it has been used in anger at all. I saved it from someone who was going to change it to a five string and I could not let that happen and have never used it myself, (I have plenty of others that I use).

I am now thining down my collection so this one has got to go!

6-string bass made by Washburn in a beautiful transparent red nice quilted top over a maple body, it has a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and is fitted with the Buzz Feiten tuning system for more audibly acceptable, measured intonation. It is equiped with two soapbar style pickups giving a great sound, and is suitable for all styles of playing. It has active circuitry, bass and treble controls and total control over the pickups.

I have checked over the Bass and can't see any mark's or scatches and it looks as good as, (if not better than) any Bass you would see hanging up in a Guitar shop!

This Bass realy does deserve to be played and not sit in its original packing for ever, so it needs a good home with a player not a collector."

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110226887881&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=001"]Click Here for Ebay Link[/url]

A real bargain at £275, especially as there is another one for sale at the moment on Ebay for £350 in Blue!

Edited by sixshooter

Now, if that were a 5-string, I would have had it!

Odd - I often see 4 string versions of this, and 6-ers (and yes, I saw the blue one on Ebay too!), but rarely 5-strings.

I am not sure if these Washburn 5s are so good that nobody ever sells them - or so poor that nobody ever bought them! But I rather liked the 5-er that I saw in a shop once, so, my search continues.

I got a well-worn red XB-6OO off eBay recently and am delighted with it. It needed a good bit of set-up (two truss rods) but thankfully Jim is a six-string bass player & luther, so he did a nice job (here's his link [url="http://www.guitarrepairman.co.uk/)"]http://www.guitarrepairman.co.uk/)[/url].

I reckon its a good starting point, but I can see myself wanting to upgrade to something finer eventually. For me, the Washburn's string spacing is a little to close. £275 is the right price, due to its condition.

I must admit it plays quite well, (although the extent of my playing it was about 5 mins at the most), however I saved it from its fate of being turned into a five string by someone with a black and decker and no skill. I will never play it as I have a 6 string Modulus, a 5 string Jazz and a number of 4 string basses so this just stays in its box.