Why become a member? ×

Good place to get my bass set up?

[quote name='MatthewKeys' post='1258347' date='Jun 6 2011, 01:32 PM']Hey

Basically, my mexican fender jazz and my mexican fender precision are in dire need of a set up! Does anyone know anywhere good in Maidstone (or very close to) where I can get an awesome set up on my bass for a reasonable price?

Thanks! :)[/quote]

How about - your house, free?

Learn how to set up your basses, there are plenty of guides out there. I wouldn't send any of my basses to anyone now. I know what I want and I've learned how to get it.

Only the truss rod needs careful, patient work. You can't really break anything by raising/lowering a bridge saddle or two.

And theres something seriously wrong with my precision, but no one I know can seem to find what it is! The strings are REALLY tense, it's as if they are being strangled... when every other P bass i've played feels really loose. But yeah i've tried setting it up myself, the guys in Music Matters tried setting it up but it was still really strangled.

[quote name='MatthewKeys' post='1258766' date='Jun 6 2011, 06:59 PM']And theres something seriously wrong with my precision, but no one I know can seem to find what it is! The strings are REALLY tense, it's as if they are being strangled... when every other P bass i've played feels really loose. But yeah i've tried setting it up myself, the guys in Music Matters tried setting it up but it was still really strangled.[/quote]

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&biw=1366&bih=643&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=dw+maidstone&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=dw&hnear=0x47ded602f8347067:0xa6f562520cb400cd,Maidstone&cid=5328585728802466452"]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&...585728802466452[/url]