Why become a member? ×

Very Compact 1x12 Cab with choice of driver f/s

OK, I knew this would be hard to put a value on, it is a great little cab and has a choice of three great drivers, but stuff is selling for so little now that I realise that this is going to be hard to sell for anything like it is worth, so: bumped for swaps - try me with anything musically related. (mic, fx, who knows)!

Got this as a trade from Thornybank when I needed a very small cab to match my Yamaha BB110. Unfortunately, shortly afterwards the matching class D head went south and I couldn't find anyone to repair it.

Absolutely solid construction, yet with a neo driver a very easy one hand lift.

Due to needing a 4 ohm cab for the Yamaha I got a Celestion Orange 300w driver for it but I also have the original, fabulous but crazy heavy Peavy Black Widow or an 8 ohm Emminence Basslite neo to load it with.

The drivers that don't go with the cab will be available for sale seperately.

Tough one to put a price on, but bearing in mind neither the Celestion or Eminence had very much use (and were never thrashed as they were only used in an acoustic trio (EUB, acoustic guitar and singer) and cost around £70 new I'm going to punt this out at [s]£120[/s] £100 or make me an offer with your choice of speaker from the above.

n.b. pics are Thornybanks and the driver pictured is not one of those offered here and the tour sticker has beend removed

[attachment=81841:alucab_1.jpg]
[attachment=81842:alucab_2.jpg]
[attachment=81843:alucab_3.jpg]
[attachment=81844:alucab_4.jpg]

Edited by Mykesbass

Bit premature I know, but I`m looking for an 8ohm driver so,
Can I get first shout on:
A/ the Celestion Orange if whoever buys the cab doesn`t want it or,
B/ the Eminence Neo if they do.
And also, what prices might you want for the drivers ?
Ta.
MM

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1257976' date='Jun 6 2011, 12:28 AM']Bit premature I know, but I`m looking for an 8ohm driver so,
Can I get first shout on:
A/ the Celestion Orange if whoever buys the cab doesn`t want it or,
B/ the Eminence Neo if they do.
And also, what prices might you want for the drivers ?
Ta.
MM[/quote]

Hi MM,

Wouldn't that be the other way around? Eminence is 8ohm, Celestion 4. I think the Eminence is going to be the most likely candidate to go with the cab being that most folks seem to want 8ohm and lightweight, but yes, if it doesn't go with it I'll give you a shout. I would have though £35 plus carriage at cost would be reasonable - 1/2 new price.

Cheers,
Mike

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1258139' date='Jun 6 2011, 10:22 AM']Lo Mike, yes your prob right about the Eminence being choice.
That being the case what would be your price for the Orange?
Thanks,
Dave.[/quote]

Hi Dave,

OK, £30 plus carriage at cost for the Celestion seeing as 4 ohm is a bit less sought after, £35 for the Eminence (same with carriage) and £30 for the Black Widow (carriage will probably be a lot more on that - it is a monster)!

Just for everyone's info, the Eminence Basslite is rated at 150 watts, 300 watts peak.

Cheers,
Mike