Why become a member? ×

For Sale, Overwater J5 SOLD!

martin lee

Thinking i would like a 4 string in the near future so ive decided to hopefully find this a good home. ive had this bass for over a year now and its been a treat, a great all round bass. Even though im little and its big ive found it comfortable around the neck, the weight will be 10lbs + but ill weigh properly when im near some scales. offers around £1250, not looking for a part exchange at the moment.

spec as follows:

Overwater J5
35" scale length
Swamp ash body
Maple neck
Flame maple fingerboard
Hipshot ultralight tuners
Single bridge pieces with through body stringing
Dimazio ultrajazz pickups
John East buffer pre amp, (volume, pan, tone)

[attachment=81699:DSC00560.JPG] [attachment=81700:DSC00561.jpg] [attachment=81703:DSC00566.jpg] [attachment=81704:DSC00557.jpg] [attachment=81702:DSC00564.jpg]

Edited by martin lee

Just to add. I've played this bass numerous times and it's great :) 'simple is, as simple does'... and this bass does it well!

Nice weight (although I'm big and make everything look little) lovely sound and a pleasure to play - if I didn't already have a few and my eye on a new build I'd be taking this off Mr Lee, as its a great all round bass.

Stu

• 1 month later...

That looks lovely, can you tell me what the string spacing is? I had an old Overwater Jazz and the string spacing was quite narrow like a Stingray 5 but I am looking out for something with a nice broad neck and 19mm spacing.

Cheers, Nathan

[quote name='NJE' post='1318261' date='Jul 27 2011, 02:05 PM']That looks lovely, can you tell me what the string spacing is? I had an old Overwater Jazz and the string spacing was quite narrow like a Stingray 5 but I am looking out for something with a nice broad neck and 19mm spacing.

Cheers, Nathan[/quote]

Hi Nathan,

The bass is 19mm string spacing, and if this is of interest to you the board is 47mm at the nut and 76mm at the 21st fret.

cheers martin