Why become a member? ×

Ric bridge saddles: help needed

Beedster

Probably a daft question, but is it normal to cut slots in a Ric bridge saddle like those in, for example, a Badass saddle? There see to be some quite faint slots there, but they don't seem up to the job. When I used heavy flats on my 3001, they stayed put. I'm now using Ric flatwounds, which I love, but which not only move around more when I play behind the treble PUP cover, but which I'm worried might wear very quickly at the point where string meets saddle (and to add to the problem, I've not seen these strings for sale anywhere either).

[quote name='Beedster' post='1261074' date='Jun 8 2011, 12:33 PM']Anyone?[/quote]
If you don't get a reply why not join the Rick forum - you will be deluged by Rickophilic replies to your questions. Just never mention Rickenfakers :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1261079' date='Jun 8 2011, 12:37 PM']If you don't get a reply why not join the Rick forum - you will be deluged by Rickophilic replies to your questions. Just never mention Rickenfakers :)[/quote]

Good point, I am in fact a member Clarky but had completely forgotten :)