Why become a member? ×

Carry bag for microphone stands???

99ster

Been looking for a big bag/holdall to put about 10 microphone stands in (7 of them are the small/short ones you use for mics for amps & snare drums).
Any ideas / suggestions would be most appreciated!
Thanks.

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='Gazm' post='143900' date='Feb 20 2008, 06:39 PM']I use a Thomann one but it only holds 6 stands. Weighs a ton when full mind so good luck lugging 10 around if you find a suitable bag.

Pete.[/quote]

Hi Pete,

Thomann - of course!
I forgot about them - thanks for the reply!

The 7 small stands - are all aluminium & much lighter than a standard full-size mic stand - so it should be manageable (especially for 2 people).

This looks like a contender: [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_hwb44_hardware_bag.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_hwb44_hardware_bag.htm[/url]

Cheers

Jim

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='Subthumper' post='144071' date='Feb 20 2008, 11:08 PM']Why not look at some of the drum hardware cases, a lot of those have wheels and as someone pointed out its gonna be pretty heavey with 10 mic stand in.[/quote]

Yes - I had already thought of that & there are loads of options on Thomann - though I don't want to spend too much as it will only get used very infrequently.
If I was gigging with it 3 times a week I'd have flight case on wheels & roadies to hump it! :)

The band I regularly gig with has a drum hardware case made of a really tough nylon with heavy duty zips (protection racket I think) it easily holds 5 mike stands 2 speaker stands 1 guitar stand 1 trombone stand (although I think it would sound better if stood on) and a few small prop stands
quite heavy though 2man lift really although I can just about manage it alone.
But its a great bag and has been used for about 150 gigs a year for prob 4yrs now

[quote name='99ster' post='143896' date='Feb 20 2008, 06:34 PM']Been looking for a big bag/holdall to put about 10 microphone stands in (7 of them are the small/short ones you use for mics for amps & snare drums).
Any ideas / suggestions would be most appreciated![/quote]
Search for "speaker stand bag" on ebay.