Why become a member? ×

Hip Hop-style fusion tune - video added - live bass mix/wah solo

urb

[quote name='Skol303' post='1249102' date='May 29 2011, 01:07 PM']Nice melody, works for me!

Some impressive playing when you let rip at the tempo change / double-time, roughly half way thru. I like the tone and FX you're using there as well.

Great stuff :) Keep us posted if you work on it more...[/quote]

Thanks man - this is very much work in progess - bits I like bits I don't - I'm going to develop the tune more and re-do the middle bit - thanks for the encouragement on the melodic stuff tho

Cheers

Mike

Again, I'm really liking this.

Love the sound you have there Mike, as others have mentioned. The melody definitely reminds me of something/someone but I can't put my finger on what... something French perhaps, like Air??... particularly the intro (I'll post again if I manage to get it off the tip of my tongue). Just noticed someone has already made the French Connection with Hadrien Feraud above, so there might be something in that afterall!

Nice beat too: esp. the hi hats on the slower tempo, very catchy. I might 'borrow' them for a project of my own :)

Chops-wise you're leagues ahead of me so I can't really comment on your playing other than saying wow!

All round good job, sir.

Thanks chaps - I'm pleased with sound of the new version - I ran the final audio mix through some matering software I have (Ozone 4) and it makes such a difference - and for your info this was the only take I did of this, so from that point of view I'm happy with this (mistakes and all).

Thanks for the encouraging comments - I came up with chords and melody through my usual trial and error (plenty of errors!) method of getting a chord sequence I like and then finding melodic ideas that 'feel' right - often simple is best - I do want to add some more unison lines in here and build the piece up at the end. Most of the things I write develop over months - this was all the product of last Saturday afternoon... anyway hopefully this will be the first in a bunch of new music from me.

Glad you enjoyed it

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I like the track. I don't know what it is about your music, it really does have a tonality of its own, a complex kind of pathos seems to run through it all, it's very appealing. I really think you should find a singer who enjoys what you do and work together. There's lots of potential there mate!