Why become a member? ×

Sold: Fender Japan Jazz Lake Placid Blue

didle

Hi All,
My third bass for sale in as many weeks.

This one if a '94 - '95 Lake Placid Blue Fender Japanese Jazz, serial number T023720 owned by me from new. It is a stock instrument with the exception of Dunlop straplocks (included along with a Fender strap)
[attachment=81165:fender_002.jpg][attachment=81166:fender_004.jpg][attachment=81167:fender_006.jpg]

It's in good condition for an instrument that is 16 years old. The paint on the front has no chips or marks while the back is also in good condition with a bit of buckle rash (not from me!). The sides have a couple of small knocks, the worst of which I have tried to show here.
[attachment=81163:fender_008.jpg]
There is also a chip to the headstock:
[attachment=81164:fender_005.jpg]

The bass was my main axe '95 to '01 after which I bought a Warwick and a US Precision. Since then it hasn't had much use and has spent it's life either in it's case (included) or hanging on the wall. The case is in fair condition, still structurally sound but it has taken a few knocks in it's life, is missing two rubber feet and has several cracks.
[attachment=81168:fender_009.jpg][attachment=81169:fender_010.jpg]

The bass plays well and sounds great. Like I said, it was my main axe for a long time and was then retired. I'm only selling it now because I recently bought a new bass and my better half insists that I sell some other basses to cover the costs :-(

Now at £500, based on pricing advice I received on the forum in April. I am in Medway, Kent and a prospective buyer is welcome to come and try the bass. Shipping would be at the buyers expense but I may also be prepared to meet someone somewhere to do the exchange, depending on distance.

Any questions, please ask.

Cheers,
Doug

Edited by didle

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1250204' date='May 30 2011, 12:54 PM']Gosh darn that's pretty, I also own an early LPB Jazz, wonderful.[/quote]

Thanks Wayne - I also still have one. Anyone want to take it off my hands?

another lovely bass mate :) i got my fretless jazz from doug and he is as honest as they come . am loving it to bits btw , good luck wit the sale of this little tiger . :)

[quote name='gub' post='1251973' date='May 31 2011, 08:10 PM']another lovely bass mate :) i got my fretless jazz from doug and he is as honest as they come . am loving it to bits btw , good luck wit the sale of this little tiger . :)[/quote]

Thanks Gav.
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the fretless, it deserves to be played. So does this one, someone take it off my hands! :lol:

[quote name='didle' post='1250201' date='May 30 2011, 12:49 PM']Just to add, I'd love to accept trades but I'm unable too as I need to pay off a recent purchase. Unless anyone wants to throw in an Aguilar Tone Hammer as a part ex.[/quote]
Could be interested if my Warmoth Jazz sells next week.

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='1267341' date='Jun 13 2011, 02:42 PM']Could be interested if my Warmoth Jazz sells next week.[/quote]

Thanks, it doesn't look like it's going anywhere in the immediate future.