Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

paulie

I am downsizing my rig at the moment so this needs to go.

The DB750 is the Rolls Royce of bass amps.

This one is one of the later models just before they changed to the DB751 which are not quite as nice (imo)

Its in excellent condition and it is housed in the optional Aguilar rack Case (tolex with chrome corners)

These cost about 2k new at the moment without the case (which is an extra £150)

Selling for £1100

WIll send photos by email if required but I am having trouble posting them here

Thanks

Edited by paulie

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='1249298' date='May 29 2011, 03:32 PM']My dear Dave...........you're so compulsive![/quote]

Well.... I just shifted my Status, and the '51 Precision 5's on the way on Tuesday pending the usual, so... don't tell the missus!! :)

Yeah, 2k was the going rate on the DB750.

The new DB 751 is lovely but they made a few changes that I didnt like such as the rubber control knobs and plastic switches but if the tone is still there who cares!

Hope you enjoy it

[quote name='lowregisterhead' post='1249296' date='May 29 2011, 03:30 PM']Blimey... if only you'd posted this a few days ago - I've just ordered a new DB751 !![/quote]

You are gonna love it, I'm sure.
After having played Ampegs, GKs, Ashdowns....I've been using a DB751 for a few months now and, for me, it's the best amp ever!

[quote name='paulie' post='1249348' date='May 29 2011, 04:14 PM']The new DB 751 is lovely but they made a few changes that I didnt like such as the rubber control knobs and plastic switches but if the tone is still there who cares!

Hope you enjoy it[/quote]

I've played both and I pefered the tone on the 751, the change they did to the Mids has made a big difference, not saying I didn't like the 750 because it's a great amp and some people prefer it over the new 751....the 751 it does look a bit cheaper but the tone is there.

Good luck with the sale, DB750 an awesome amp people.

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='PauBass' post='1249418' date='May 29 2011, 05:18 PM']You are gonna love it, I'm sure.
After having played Ampegs, GKs, Ashdowns....I've been using a DB751 for a few months now and, for me, it's the best amp ever!

I've played both and I pefered the tone on the 751, the change they did to the Mids has made a big difference, not saying I didn't like the 750 because it's a great amp and some people prefer it over the new 751....the 751 it does look a bit cheaper but the tone is there.

Good luck with the sale, DB750 an awesome amp people.[/quote]

I haven't actually tried a 751, just taking a bit of a flyer on what I know of the 750, and recommendations from people I know. Good to hear more positive words. There doesn't seem to be a review piece on BC yet, perhaps I'll post one once it arrives. Checked your band's site by the way - sounds great!

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='1249616' date='May 29 2011, 08:31 PM']I had a 751 in Vegas last year - brilliant.
Paul Turner & Jimmy Sims swear by them too.
A great choice methinks.
N[/quote]

...but does this mean I'll have to sell the bairn to buy an aggie 810, Nick?? :)

[quote name='lowregisterhead' post='1249523' date='May 29 2011, 07:03 PM']I haven't actually tried a 751, just taking a bit of a flyer on what I know of the 750, and recommendations from people I know. Good to hear more positive words. There doesn't seem to be a review piece on BC yet, perhaps I'll post one once it arrives. Checked your band's site by the way - sounds great![/quote]

You won't be dissappointed :)

Thanks for your comments about my band! :)

[quote name='paulie' post='1248394' date='May 28 2011, 04:21 PM']I am downsizing my rig at the moment so this needs to go.

The DB750 is the Rolls Royce of bass amps.

This one is one of the later models just before they changed to the DB751 which are not quite as nice (imo)

Its in excellent condition and it is housed in the optional Aguilar rack Case (tolex with chrome corners)

These cost about 2k new at the moment without the case (which is an extra £150)

Selling for £1100

WIll send photos by email if required but I am having trouble posting them here

Thanks[/quote]
Waiting for one to be available in the UK instead of buying one from US could have saved me some real £££, anyway, I'm really enjoying my DB750 experience. Very good price for a classic!

Bump for a great amp. I played through it at home last night and it sounds unreal. The sound is best described as valve warmth and fast response with smooth clear high end.

The amp doesnt have a mark on it, pristine.