Why become a member? ×

Hello Bass peeps...First day on here..

Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1259584' date='Jun 7 2011, 12:44 PM']Nice collection.
I am not proud and would be happy to lighten your load by accepting any that you don't feel comfortable in keeping.

Whow is putting it lightly.

Welcome
Dave[/quote]

To be honest, i am starting to run out of room, if i need the space, i'll send you all my surplus basses!! :)

Thanks for the comment.

[quote name='stoker' post='1259613' date='Jun 7 2011, 01:04 PM']hi there and welcome! nice collection! not a big fan of the p-bass but the jazzes look sweet![/quote]

Thanks Stoker,

I'm not a fan of post '60 P's either, necks are far too wide (And I'm 6' 3", with hands like shovels), i don't know how some folks can play them. The pre '58 P's though (Maple necks), have lovely slim necks (Not the newer reissue or relic versions though), that are a joy to play.

Jazzes are much nicer to play, and slightly more versatile for me.

From purely a 'collectors' point of view though, the P's are King!

Thanks again for the comment.

Rick

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1260885' date='Jun 8 2011, 10:40 AM']To be honest, i am starting to run out of room, if i need the space, i'll send you all my surplus basses!! :)

Thanks for the comment.[/quote]

Free of charge i hope
I'm a Scot. What did you expect. Payment :)

Dave

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1261320' date='Jun 8 2011, 03:28 PM']Of course free of charge, I've sent two already, by carrier pigeon, you should receibve them any day. :lol:[/quote]

They haven't arrived.
Damn those birds - bet they've started their own band again.
Last time it was Lieutenant Pigeon

:) :) :lol:

PS in Scotland your word is your bond - legally so you owe me big time now :D :P :lol:

All best and thanks for making me laugh tonight after a 12 hr day and 4 hr drive home.
Brill !!!

Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1263252' date='Jun 9 2011, 08:52 PM']They haven't arrived.
Damn those birds - bet they've started their own band again.
Last time it was Lieutenant Pigeon

:) :) :lol:

PS in Scotland your word is your bond - legally so you owe me big time now :D :P :lol:

All best and thanks for making me laugh tonight after a 12 hr day and 4 hr drive home.
Brill !!!

Cheers
Dave[/quote]

Sorry Dave, didn't understand that, don't understand Scottish, only Pigeon English !! :lol:

Keep on bird watching...they may turn up.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1245694' date='May 26 2011, 02:54 PM']1952 Fender Precision, 100% stock, Blonde, blackguard, a real beauty
1952 Fender Precision, Blonde Nitro refin, otherwise stock, scarce in the UK.
1955 Fender Precision, 2-Tone refin, otherwise all there.
1956 Fender Precision, 100% stock, 2-Tone Sunburst, like Stings, real nice
1958 Fender Precision, 100% stock, 3-Tone sunburst, maple neck, anodised guard, lots of original '58 case candy.
1958 Fender Precision, Custom Shop relic, all certs and candy
1956 Fender Precision, Custom Shop relic, all certs and candy
1961 Fender Jazz, Stack Knob, Relic, 3 tone sunbusrt[/quote]

Dear god... did you rob a bank?

Anyway hi :)

Btw I know they aren't your thing but I don't suppose you could guess at the value of a '63 P, factory custom J-profile neck with rosewood board, burnt orange finish (not sure if that's factory custom or refin), in original case?

Tia,

ficelles

Edited by ficelles

[quote name='ficelles' post='1263450' date='Jun 9 2011, 11:44 PM']Dear god... did you rob a bank?

Anyway hi :)

Btw I know they aren't your thing but I don't suppose you could guess at the value of a '63 P, factory custom J-profile neck with rosewood board, burnt orange finish (not sure if that's factory custom or refin), in original case?

Tia,

ficelles[/quote]

PM me with some more info, a few pics would also help, happy to give you an idea of valuation though, no probs.