Why become a member? ×

Cab parts.

Soliloquy

I just bought an SWR Goliath II cab.

It sounds fantastic !!!!!!!!

Considering it's age it is actually in very good condition. The carpet covering was a bit tatty looking, and there are a couple of marks on the grille.

I want to spruce it up a bit though. I've given it a shave, and vacuumed it off, so the carpet covering is now very nice. My Brother is going to spray the grille for me, and I'm confident it'll look as good as new.

I want to put some new corner bits on it, where do you get them from ?

[quote name='Fitz666' post='1231498' date='May 14 2011, 11:39 PM']I got new carpet, corners and handles for a 2x10 for under £30 from...

[url="http://www.terralec.co.uk/"]http://www.terralec.co.uk/[/url][/quote]

Perfect, thank you !

The corners are only 45p too, what are a bargain.

:)

[quote name='Soliloquy' post='1231482' date='May 14 2011, 11:09 PM']I just bought an SWR Goliath II cab.

It sounds fantastic !!!!!!!!

Considering it's age it is actually in very good condition. The carpet covering was a bit tatty looking, and there are a couple of marks on the grille.

I want to spruce it up a bit though. I've given it a shave, and vacuumed it off, so the carpet covering is now very nice. My Brother is going to spray the grille for me, and I'm confident it'll look as good as new.

I want to put some new corner bits on it, where do you get them from ?[/quote]

Really glad you like the cab. It is a great match with your headlite to give a real deep and punchy sound.

Quick note on those cab corners - I got some for a well-used Bag End last year and got the identical looking Euro metric version...which very nearly but not quite fits the imperial dimensions of the American original parts. Annoyingly close, but you'll never get both screws in straight without stressing/cracking the corner.

Thought it was worth a mention!