Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Fender Japan Jazz Unlined Fretless

didle

Hi All,
To fund the purchase of a new axe, I'm selling off some of my unused instruments - here's the first. A japanese Fender Jazz unlined fretless in white/cream.
[attachment=79671:fretless_001.jpg] [attachment=79672:fretless_002.jpg] [attachment=79677:fretless_006.jpg]

The serial number is V010505 which dates it as a 96-97 instrument which tallies with the 50th Anniversary sticker on the back of the headstock. I bought the bass, new from Kingfisher (I think it was called) in Fleet in '97.
[attachment=79673:fretless_007.jpg] [attachment=79674:fretless_008.jpg]

I've not played it much and so it's in very good condition for a 14 year old instrument. It's completely stock except for the strap buttons which I have replaced with Schaller strap locks. It plays well and sounds great. It has a couple of dings on the body, both on the lower side (pictures below). These are the only marks I could see.
[attachment=79675:fretless_003.jpg] [attachment=79676:fretless_004.jpg]

I'm asking £350 to start with. The bass is in Rochester, Kent but you are welcome to come and try it before buying. I'd prefer a local pickup but I'm sure we could work something out if you live further afield.

If you have any questions then please get in touch.

No case/gigbag - sorry.

Thanks for looking,
Doug

Edited by didle

• 7 months later...