Why become a member? ×

Amp identification and pricing question

SimonH

Hi - relatively new to this game (long time guitarist, now wishes he took up the bass years ago). Anyway, mate of a mate has this - Trace Elliot GP11 combo and I think that's an 18in cab - in his garage and wants to sell it. I might want to buy it, but he thinks it's worth £450 and I think it's worth considerably less, supposing it actually still works. I've scanned this forum as much as I can, and checked Fleabay archive... but this forum is the source of all that is wise. I haven't seen the rig in the flesh, but it looks pretty rusty and dusty to me.

Can anyone help with id and value? All help much appreciated, all merciless ribbing and the like tolerated with a smile.

Thanks!

Simon H

[attachment=79512:YPVS_bits_024sss.jpg]

Jeez, how tall is your drummer? Looks like a series 5 4x10 combo, not sure about the 1x18. For a lot of people this is the time that Trace really hit their stride as far as making great amps goes, so somebody should want it. Your quote might not be too far off the mark.

[quote name='SimonH' post='1226580' date='May 10 2011, 06:50 PM']Hi - relatively new to this game (long time guitarist, now wishes he took up the bass years ago). Anyway, mate of a mate has this - Trace Elliot GP11 combo and I think that's an 18in cab - in his garage and wants to sell it. I might want to buy it, but he thinks it's worth £450 and I think it's worth considerably less, supposing it actually still works. I've scanned this forum as much as I can, and checked Fleabay archive... but this forum is the source of all that is wise. I haven't seen the rig in the flesh, but it looks pretty rusty and dusty to me.

Can anyone help with id and value? All help much appreciated, all merciless ribbing and the like tolerated with a smile.

Thanks!

Simon H

[attachment=79512:YPVS_bits_024sss.jpg][/quote]

cool clean it up, it will work, even if it doesn't it will be a minor fix, you will get top dollar for it, they are bullet proof and all the internals are still replaceable, if its a 18" cab it will be an 1818 = mental rig, give your bass player a go in your band, he will be hooked, they have the most powerful deep rib rattle with amazing definition and clarity. Problem is they are just so heavy, big and so over the top loud. They cost a lot of beans new

Stored in a garage..??? hmmmmm, you will want to hear that fired up as any damp could have ruined it internally... and the speaker cones might not have fared too well there either.

Not really sure of TE prices but the combo £250 tops, IMO, and the cab £100.

That is in VGC,

just my 2p.......

It needs to be run back in a good few times to see if any damage lurks.. I'd suggest

[quote name='JTUK' post='1227114' date='May 11 2011, 08:40 AM']Stored in a garage..??? hmmmmm, you will want to hear that fired up as any damp could have ruined it internally... and the speaker cones might not have fared too well there either.

Not really sure of TE prices but the combo £250 tops, IMO, and the cab £100.

That is in VGC,

just my 2p.......

It needs to be run back in a good few times to see if any damage lurks.. I'd suggest[/quote]

Agreed........... £200 tops for the whole lot in that dirty condition.