Why become a member? ×

One bass to rule them all.

throwoff

This question always used to be easy. MY Aria ProII SB been with me for ever and the first bass I ever fell in love with. Every ding tells a story.
However, my Dad bought me a bass a few months before he died, last ever gift from him and that means more than any of them,

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='throwoff' post='1221846' date='May 6 2011, 02:32 AM']I have been thinking, most of us here have more than 1 bass (a lot of us have more than 5!!)

But which one would be the one you would save if you had to pick?

I will start with my Washburn XB-120.

Ok it's the worst of my group both in terms of playability, sound and build quality and the neck is no longer straight (about 6 degrees to the right!) but it was my first bass. It has played probably 100+ gigs with me of varying quality with varying bands. It was thrown around, never had a hard case and was the bass I learnt to balance on my chin before I risked my Fender.

The headstock has burns on it from fags stuck under the strings (bloody hell you could smoke indoors when I was gigging it!)
There is superglue on the cutaway from a misguided attempt to glue spare picks onto it.
The control plate screws are just glued on heads and the plate is held on with tape.
The tone control is no longer connected (neither is the neck pickup!)
The dice control knobs are not shop bought but actual dice I drilled into and then applied far too much glue to to get them to stay on!
There are about 5 layers of stickers on it ranging from bands to brands to stickers which come on underwear you buy from Sainsburys. Most of them on the heel are actually melted due to the pints of acidic sweat I produce in a 40 minute set.
It was thru-blue but in my younger 'punker' days I hated any through colour and scratched a lot of the paint off on the botton of it!

But I love it to bits.

It last got on stage about 3 years ago when my P and MM were both laid up and I got a gig with 3 hours notice.

Check the neck angle compared to the 4 bolts :)

[/quote]

It Would have to be her (see below) I play it all the time in home studio, Studio, but never live, she is too precious, I have a couple of Early Fender Japan Jazzes for that but, they have a lot of mojo too and now a MIM which goes to pub gigs ( I don't care about this bass)
This bass belonged to my Grandad so I know its real ha ha ha!!

Edited by dan670844