Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Breedlove Acoustic Bass ABJ250

GM10

Been struggling to find a retailer that sells descent acoustic basses in my area. Music Ground in Manchester have a Breedlove ABJ250 that they recommend. Apparantly Stuart Zender has been in Ground Control, played one for 15 minutes and brought it!

[b]Does anyone have one, played one who can give me their opinion[/b]? I'm planning on going in tomorrow to potentially buy but it would help me to get some good advise.

Cant really comment on the bass....but, my guitarist wanted an accoustic and he was torn between a Breedlove and the Carbon Adamas that he has now.....

I belive that the only reason he got the carbon one was that he can tw4t me round the head with it and it'll stay in tune.... :)

Actaully he said there's very little between them in tone but the carbon one won because he believed it would be more stable.....
Now the carbon on is one of the most beautiful guitars I have heard (it gives me goosebumps when he plays it) and if the Breedlove was as good as that it must be pretty damn good!

I dont know if that helps... buit thought it might. I shouldnt think many folks have a Breedlove bass!

Found a review from bassplayer magazine that's not that favourable towards the Breedlove :) Tacoma Thunderchief gets a great write up but I'll be lucky to find one to play before I commit to buying.

[url="http://www.bassplayer.com/article/breedlove-atlas-abj25cm4/Aug-07/30542"]http://www.bassplayer.com/article/breedlov...m4/Aug-07/30542[/url]

[quote name='Gloria stits' post='140191' date='Feb 14 2008, 11:58 AM']Been struggling to find a retailer that sells descent acoustic basses in my area. Music Ground in Manchester have a Breedlove ABJ250 that they recommend. Apparantly Stuart Zender has been in Ground Control, played one for 15 minutes and brought it!

[b]Does anyone have one, played one who can give me their opinion[/b]? I'm planning on going in tomorrow to potentially buy but it would help me to get some good advise.[/quote]

MB1. :)
GROUND CONTROL to Major Tom?. :huh:

MB1. :)
Its actually robs favourite story,he was in the shop and did buy one.Id be dubious about the 15 minutes though,it would have taken them longer than that to figure out who he was.Think the credit card with Stuart Zender.. "im not the twat in the hat"on it ,may have clinched it. :huh: