Why become a member? ×

Clifton EUB and Manson Kestrel

BassBod

First up, 1984 Hugh Manson Kestrel. Mahogany/maple through neck, ebony boardand the thinest neck I've ever seen. Fitted with a Schaller bridge, Bartolini MM p/up and recently re-fretted. Very well used condition, but all scuffs and scrathes are superficial. Sounds like a more civilised Stingray - bit of a MusicGent...all warm and woody...

[attachment=506:DSCN0743.JPG][attachment=507:DSCN0746.JPG][attachment=505:DSCN0747.JPG][attachment=508:DSCN0750.JPG]

Looking for £450 - no case, (maybe gig bag) so pickup only from Bristol area.

Second, Mo Clifton Mini EUB 36" scale, fitted with Realist p/up and Picato Innovation strings (for an "old" warm sound). Fantastic bass, really provides a convincing upright bass sound from a very light and portable instrument. The shorter scale length makes it a bit less of a challenge to play, but it has got a fairly high action - this could be changed by altering the bridge. I wouldn't though - it feels like an upright bass!

[attachment=509:DSCN0877.JPG][attachment=510:DSCN0879.JPG][attachment=511:DSCN0882.JPG]

Looking for £900 including gig bag - again collection only from Bristol area

Post or PM any questions....

Quick bump for the Clifton, have played my friends 'Mini Mo' EUB and its brilliant, really nice sound! One of the few reasons i got my Shuker EUB over it was the fact i wanted a tripod stand and the Clifton is on a spike (although i think a tripod stand is also available to rest it on between songs?)

Good luck, Cool
Si

Thanks for the Bump Sibob - yes, the Clifton sits on a small spike, that attaches to any mike stand (so you don't have to carry one). I think it also will fit on a standard cymbal stand if you wanted something more industrial. The mike stand works fine as long as its got decent legs - some (non-boom) stands have got shorter ones that aren't so stable.

Funny that, I tried one of the early Shuker uprights, and about the only thing I didn't like was it being mounted on a stand to play. We're a fussy lot....

BB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...