Why become a member? ×

F/T F/s headless custom build

oldslapper

THIS HAS NOW GONE
Prosebass headless 4 string offered as a trade for a 5 string.

It was made to my specification by Paul Rose of Prosebass, for a tour I have just finished.

Headless 4 string, natural Spanish Cedar, Maple neck, Rosewood board, passive 2 mini buckers. Lightweight, but good mass to the body. ABM hardware.

The pickups produce a surprising amount of volume and the configuration is 2 volume pots, with coil tap, but no tone control. I have found this offered me plenty of tonal variation.

34" scale, 53mm bridge spacing, dual action truss rod. Just over 3kg weight.

This is my only electric gig. I end up in interesting places in the world, and get taken care of very well, so am happy to keep the gig. However, the artist has changed keys of many songs for this last tour and decided she wanted notes below E, so I ended up detuning this for the 10 dates. I can't afford a 5 string as an extra bass, so this is offered up as a trade or sale.
If I had to sell, then I'd want £500 for it.

Please feel free to have a try, I'm in Dorset.
Will drive for a meet as far as Bournemouth, Bristol, Exeter(ish), Basingstoke(ish)

Any questions, please feel free to PM, or call me. Number through PM.

John

Edited by oldslapper

I am in the same situation but need a P neck if you fancy swapping either necks or even basses as i quite like natural? I have a really nice Mighty might Jazz neck with 70's Precision logo on a P body, Fender Jap elecs with cream vintage PU covers & a funky capacitor inside to give vintage tones - not sure on the body, possibly Squire but its a relic'd sunburst-very cool and 70's looking. Anyhow i prefer P necks so could swap either necks or the whole bass if your interested?

[quote name='Rasta' post='1229763' date='May 13 2011, 10:47 AM']I am in the same situation but need a P neck if you fancy swapping either necks or even basses as i quite like natural? I have a really nice Mighty might Jazz neck with 70's Precision logo on a P body, Fender Jap elecs with cream vintage PU covers & a funky capacitor inside to give vintage tones - not sure on the body, possibly Squire but its a relic'd sunburst-very cool and 70's looking. Anyhow i prefer P necks so could swap either necks or the whole bass if your interested?[/quote]

Sounds cool Rasta. Probably more interested in a whole bass swap, in case the neck doesn't quite fit.
Chuck some piccies up?
Or PM me and I'll give you an email address to send some pics to.

John