Why become a member? ×

New Starter ; First ever forum joining ; Nervous lol

Low End

Hello to everyone in here, back playing bass after a 15 yr gap, it really feels great to have a pain tingle back in fingers.
It's great to have the internet for advice instead of some cranky shop owner too. I've bought a SX LTD2 Jazz Bass and it's true love. Happy valentines day to me.....
Anyway hello to you all....

Ken
Ireland

Alright Ken.

I love stories of people that have started playing again. It's just great to hear that you can never give up. I fell out of love with it, but never actually stopped playing totally, just less and less. Then gigging with a mate gave me the love back, and I've been playing regularly for the two years since that.

Have fun.

Cheers,
Pete.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='139558' date='Feb 13 2008, 03:00 PM']Greetings Ken, you've picked BC eh... ?

We'd like to think you've chosen wisely....

So go on spill the beans what tempted you back....[/quote]

The burpster, that's one the best on-line names I've heard yet. pure class...
Anyhew , My story is not uncommon, a woman entered the frame a long time ago and my babies kept getting hidden in more hard to reach areas in the house until eventually she convinced me that Maple wood flooring and not maple rosewood bass guitars are the way to go. How wrong she was.....
After 10 yrs of listening to lots of good jazz/bossanova I realised I actually did have a rhythm in my bones. It felt so, so good to run up and down a few scales. Who needs drugs and women. lol

[quote name='Low End' post='139567' date='Feb 13 2008, 03:12 PM']Who needs drugs and women. lol[/quote]

Ah yes indeed, but wouldnt our lives be so drab without them...... And where would we get the inspiration to write verse and song.....

Welcome back sir......

Now you'll be eagerly awaiting that EVH moment when you can get your offspring on stage with you!