Why become a member? ×

Hello there...

Matthews2250

Hello there,

My name's Simon and I'm an alc...err...Bassist. I've been playing for 10 years now, my playing took a nosedive in the last few years (since getting a job essentially) but I'm back on it and here to grab some inspiration.

Currently playing and Ibanez BTB 670 through an Ashdown MAG300 1x15" with a Mark Bass Compressore and Ashdown Drive Plus often sitting in the middle - sadly the Drive pedal doesn't play nicely with the active electronics (bought with my old passive in mind)

See you around.

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1216567' date='May 1 2011, 02:29 PM']Hello mate! :) What type of music you play??[/quote]

Bit of a stylistic mongrel really, mostly in the rock/metal category but I never learned to play particularly fast with my right hand - much prefer doing something melodically interesting than pumping out lots of notes.

Currently having lessons with Steve Lawson to get my musicality up to scratch, breaking out of parroting basslines and doing something different with them instead. The man is an inspiration.