Why become a member? ×

Sansamp Choice?

son of frog

I have a Programmable BDDI and I'd never look back. The deluxe version with dual input seems nice, but is beyond my needs not being a pro musician. I will now never go anywhere bass related without my sansamp, it is the sh1t! I wouldn't bother with the non-programmable version, but reckon that 3 presets are more than enough for any one live setting, and if you really need more in the studio, use outboards or take the time to change.

[quote name='dc2009' post='1288474' date='Jul 1 2011, 12:56 AM']I have a Programmable BDDI and I'd never look back. The deluxe version with dual input seems nice, but is beyond my needs not being a pro musician. I will now never go anywhere bass related without my sansamp, it is the sh1t! I wouldn't bother with the non-programmable version, but reckon that 3 presets are more than enough for any one live setting, and if you really need more in the studio, use outboards or take the time to change.[/quote]
I've got the same, and it really is fantastic. Not only does it let me carry around a excellent DI and preamp wherever I go (with three different sounds!), and given their popularity many sound-people at gigs or in the studio will already be familiar with it and know exactly what they need to do on their end.

Also, it's completely bombproof -- very very durable. Great kit.

Not used the VT Bass though (yet) so can't compare.