Why become a member? ×

MMMMM ! Fretless Aria SBR-150,, Nice !

The combination of zebrawood and chestnut wings in the R150, as opposed to ash in the 1000, makes these different beasts tonally (although pickup placement could be a factor in that also). There aren't many R150-s around. There's one BC-er holding a fretted version; and there's my APCS fretless version. The model wasn't in production for much more than 18 months. The last fretless one I recall seeing, listed on US eBay, sold for around $1,700 (although it came with an original SB hardcase). If it closes under £1,000 then someone has got a bit of a bargain.

[quote name='jaybass 70' post='1221507' date='May 5 2011, 07:21 PM']Holy Moly Batman !!! £596 !! thats almost giving it away ,,, is the market really that bad??[/quote]
To a casual observer it's just another Aria, another SB, and those are thirteen to the dozen. But, like the LTD, and the 800, the R150 was only in production for a very short time, and, when it was dropped from the catalogue, never reproduced or reinterpreted.

If I didn't already have one I'd have been bidding on this, and delighted to only have to part with circa £600. Hell, at circa £600 it would have been worth buying and having the work done to convert it to fretted. (Which would have been a first for me!)