Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker Rickenfactored

GreeneKing

I've got home today and my Ric 'Pickguardian' pickup cover has arrived so I've spent a while fitted it and the Hipshot bridge as well. I bought the bridge recently from Jon (Bassasin) and have been waiting for the cover to turn up from the States for a while.

The bridge is a very solid piece of chromed brass weighing in at 630g as opposed to the Ric bridge at 313g!

I can actually adjust the intonation now

The removal of the bridge pickup cover does obviously give greater access but at the expense of a great big hole around the pickup. The Pickguardian sorts it nicely.

All completely reversable too.

So all set up and playing very well here she is:

Edited by GreeneKing

Well the thing is I didn't rest my thumb on the cover anyway. I used the front pickguard for the E string and then go down the strings with my thumb. That position was tonally too near the neck. I'm now playing where the cover was and using the new perspex cover to reat the thumb on.

The tone is definately better to me there.

I'm not removing the cover from either my Chris Squire or my C64S though although this bass is crying out for flatwounds, they sound amazing on the C64S.