Why become a member? ×

Squier Clasic Vibe P bass discoloured frets

Bobby K

I've just noticed on my CV P bass, the last five frets or so have become discoloured, a sort of yellowish colour.

I've hardly been playing the bass in the last few months and took it out to have a play on it and noticed the frets at the dusty end looking very dull. It almost looks like a sort of mild corrosion - Would've included a picture but it's very hard to get a detailed enough shot...

Anyone else noticed this on theirs?? Mine's the fiesta red one, about a year old, dunno if that matters mind you...

Can anyone recommend anything to clean up the frets nice n shiny? :)

Cheers

Bob

[quote name='deanovw' post='1209304' date='Apr 23 2011, 05:09 PM']I have used Brasso Duraglit Metal Polish Wadding for years on my basses. After polishing the frets with this I use a fretboard conditioner to feed the wood.[/quote]

Ahhh, of course, Duraglit. I'll give it a whirl.... :)

Cheers deano

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Bobby K' post='1212293' date='Apr 27 2011, 08:07 AM']Got some Silvo wadding and it was just the trick :)

Amazing how much crap actually comes off the frets!! :)[/quote]

T-cut does it for me, but make sure you mask the wood on the fretboard properly, t-cut will bleach rosewood.