Why become a member? ×

New Kate Bush song...

barteroo2002

Hi guys.

I dunno how much people will really care, but on katebush.com there's a track from her forthcoming album.
There's some interesting bass in the middle - kind of a fretless, chorusy throw-back - even some chords and harmonics thrown in for good measure!

This is in fact, a re-mastered/interpretation/mix of an old track (I've just discovered this mid-type). John Giblin on Bass probably.

ANYWAY, maybe some of you will find this helpful/interesting/funny!?

Peace.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1208834' date='Apr 23 2011, 01:08 AM']Great songs. DIY ethic with her new label, I want her to tour.
She is spellbinding.[/quote]
+1

I saw her on what was I think, here one and only tour, in the late 70's at the then Hammersmith Odeon and it was sensational! If she decided to tour now, she could probably tour continually for 2 or 3 years, the demand would be so strong..

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1208848' date='Apr 23 2011, 01:49 AM']Love her.
Not sure we need a director's cut of "Flower of the Mountain" (The Sensual World) - the original was soooo effin' perfect.[/quote]

+1

Sounds good though...

From what I can gather the album is a collection of re-visited tracks from The Red Shoes and The Sensual World. So, some elements are as they were on the original albums, some parts have been reworked.

Interesting idea, but I'd say those are easily my least favourite Kate Bush records :) If only she'd picked The Dreaming and Hounds of Love...

[quote name='Wil' post='1209320' date='Apr 23 2011, 05:25 PM']From what I can gather the album is a collection of re-visited tracks from The Red Shoes and The Sensual World. So, some elements are as they were on the original albums, some parts have been reworked.

Interesting idea, but I'd say those are easily my least favourite Kate Bush records :) If only she'd picked The Dreaming and Hounds of Love...[/quote]
Haha Red Shoes and Sensual World are my least favourite, whereas The Dreaming and Hounds of Love are up there with my favourites. Horses for courses. :)

I hope they do a better job on this remix album than the "revisited" version of Wuthering Heights (didn't get on with it at all). If it comes out with a smattering of Aerial then we'll be in for a treat.

[quote name='Wil' post='1209329' date='Apr 23 2011, 05:43 PM']That's what I mean, Dreaming and Hounds of Love are fantastic so I'd like to hear them re-done with less dated sounding drums, for instance :)[/quote]
Ah yes, I misread what you said.
I know what you mean about the drums.