Why become a member? ×

9v daisy chains.

son of frog

Hiya
I have a Pedal-train nano, which i use as a backup board, on it in order of pedals i have

From Amp --- Boss TU-2 --- MXR M109 EQ --- Boss BF-3 --- Boss ODB-3 --- Back To Amp

And since the TU-2 has a daisy chain function to power other pedals from a single 9v supply i was wondering, can you get Daisy chains of any desired length?
Also possibly ones that have Right angled inputs?

If i want one for just these 4 pedals, including the TU-2, and maybe one for 5, Inc TU-2?

I looked for quite a while to find some? maybe get them custom made?

But if i could find pre-made ones obviously it would be cheaper...
Thanks.

Tom

Edited by son of frog

Do you need something like this? I used one for a while and it fit the purpose. It has one "input" connector, for receiving the power supply, and five "output" connectors, for plugging into pedals. There's no need to use the power output of the TU2 (which IIRC has quite a low amp rating).

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-WAY-EFFECTS-PEDAL-DAISY-CHAIN-POWER-SUPPLY-SPLITTER-/150563414732?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item230e4762cc#ht_1064wt_698"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-WAY-EFFECTS-PEDAL-...c#ht_1064wt_698[/url]

Just plug the power supply into the input connector of the cable, and plug each of the output connectors into the pedals.

EDIT: I should add that I am in no way affiliated with this auction/sale!

Edited by aldude

[quote name='Doddy' post='1205066' date='Apr 19 2011, 06:35 PM']Have a look at Johnny Shredfreak- I got mine from there They are only a couple of quid and they're really good quality.[/quote]

Yeah i had a look on there, and you're probably right about the TU-2's output, better to use a chain straight from the 9v power source.

They also sell the ones with the Right angled DC connectors,

But anyone know of a pretty heavy duty 9v power supply, (a single one)
as the boss / digitech ones are all a bit flimsy to be honest, anything with a bit more bulk in the cable? more like an instrument cable?

I know this isn't a huge issue just would be less chance of malfunction after stepping on it numerous times.

Yeah seems like great value,
Calculated about £22

to get all the necessary kit to set up a small pedal board like this...

Power Supply 9V DC 1500MA for Boss etc Effects Pedals x1
£11.00

Cable Wrap Black - 3 Metre Pack x2
£1.98

Mains Lead Fig 8 to UK Plug - 3 Metres x1
£2.30

Daisy Chain 5 Way - Right Angled Plugs x1
£5.92

Nylon Cable Tie Black 300mm x 4.5mm - Ten Pack x2
£1.00

Cheers for all the help,
worked out cheaper than getting another 10 way power supply
or getting a boss one and boss daisy chain.

and including the cost of cable ties and cable wrap to keep all my jack / DC cables organized.

Tom