Why become a member? ×

1974 Rickenbacker 4001 Burgundy Glow

mike.march

Up for sale is my Ricky as I really don't use it as much as I should, and I need the funds to put towards a band van.

Its a 1974 Rickenbacker 4001 in Burgundy Glow. Its in great condition, and has never been refinished.

It has had a brass nut put on it, and also the bridge has been change (for a much better one in my opinion). But I did purchase a replacement rick bridge off ric parts so it will come with this aswell. Although the pickup cover is not in the pic. I do also have that as well. I will also provide a hard case with the Rick, but it is not the original. Pictures aren't great, but you get the idea :) This is a really nice example of a 70's 4001 with not a lot of fret wear, a great look and a great neck as well.

Money wise I would be looking for about £1500 for it but I do need to sell, so make me an offer.
I would consider trades for other gear, so let me know what you've got !

Thanks

[attachment=77456:Rick_1.jpg]

[attachment=77457:Rick_2.jpg]

[attachment=77458:Rick_3.jpg]

Edited by Mike_M

[quote name='Stag' post='1199014' date='Apr 14 2011, 08:03 AM']a few weeks too late for me sadly

:)

Edit : and did you get my reply PM? cheers![/quote]

:) Don't know what to say really, luck, fate?, perhaps it was meant to be.

[quote name='Stag' post='1199014' date='Apr 14 2011, 08:03 AM']a few weeks too late for me sadly

:)

Edit : and did you get my reply PM? cheers![/quote]

thats bloody typical............even after your MULTIPLE requests for this exact bass.

Looks like Mike missed out on the quickest sale on BC

Thursday bump with some sunny new pictures to really bring out the glow !!

[attachment=78068:Rick_1.JPG]

[attachment=78074:Rick_8.JPG]

[attachment=78073:Rick_5.JPG]

[attachment=78072:Rick_7.JPG]

[attachment=78071:Rick_6.JPG]

[attachment=78070:Rick_3.JPG]

[quote name='Godber' post='1210550' date='Apr 25 2011, 12:36 AM']Love this bass already :)

Does the replacement bridge use the original existing holes?[/quote]

Unfortunately not. There are two small holes that are slightly wider when you put a Rick bridge back on. Its a shame, but the changed bridge is much more playable in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...