Why become a member? ×

For sale is my immaculate 'as new' condition Roland SH-01 Gaia. I bought this for a project band I was with inbetween bands, so was only used over a 3 month period and has always been stored in a dedicated Roland Gaia gig case. All in all been used very lightly. This synth in my opinion is Roland's finest analogue emulated synth to date, very hands on, lots of sliders and knobs all of which emulate the great roland analogue synthesis of the past.
The Synth retails at £509 plus delivery and the dedicated case retails at £90. What I am looking for is [b]£390[/b] inc delivery for both, which
Gives you a saving of over £200! includes psu, Manual, original box also.
Here is some details from roland site:

[b]With its massive sound, hands-on ease, and affordable price, the GAIA SH-01 is a high-performance value with old-school charm. The triple-stacked engine puts potent virtual analog synthesis under your fingertips, yet the control panel is so fun, friendly, and inviting, even first-timers can create great sounds. The signal flow is simple to grasp, with logically arranged knobs, sliders, and buttons. Hands-on control and fat sound make this little powerhouse a joy for music students, songwriters, session players, and live performers of all styles and skill levels.
.Huge sound with three virtual analog engines onboard, each with a dedicated oscillator, filter, amplifier, envelope, and LFO
Layer up to five simultaneous effects, including disOtortion, flanger, delay, reverb, low boost, and more
64-voice polyphony for massive sounds without note drop-out
Fun, hands-on control panel that's great for instant gratification, and for learning synthesis
Lightweight, compact body with 37 full-size keys
Runs on AC or battery power for portable convenience
D Beam, arpeggiator, and Phrase Recorder onboard
USB ports for saving user patches to USB flash drives, and for audio/MIDI connection to computers[/b]

[attachment=77400:gaia_whole.JPG][attachment=77401:gaia_left.JPG][attachment=77402:gaia_right.JPG][a
ttachment=77403:gaia_case.JPG]

Edited by CyberBass

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

[quote name='CyberBass' post='1196520' date='Apr 12 2011, 08:45 AM']For sale is my immaculate 'as new' condition Roland SH-01 Gaia. I bought this for a project band I was with inbetween bands, so was only used over a 3 month period and has always been stored in a dedicated Roland Gaia gig case. All in all been used very lightly. This synth in my opinion is Roland's finest analogue emulated synth to date, very hands on, lots of sliders and knobs all of which emulate the great roland analogue synthesis of the past.
The Synth retails at £509 plus delivery and the dedicated case retails at £90. What I am looking for is [b]£400[/b] for both, which
Gives you a saving of £200! includes psu, Manual, original box also.
Here is some details from roland site:

[b]With its massive sound, hands-on ease, and affordable price, the GAIA SH-01 is a high-performance value with old-school charm. The triple-stacked engine puts potent virtual analog synthesis under your fingertips, yet the control panel is so fun, friendly, and inviting, even first-timers can create great sounds. The signal flow is simple to grasp, with logically arranged knobs, sliders, and buttons. Hands-on control and fat sound make this little powerhouse a joy for music students, songwriters, session players, and live performers of all styles and skill levels.
.Huge sound with three virtual analog engines onboard, each with a dedicated oscillator, filter, amplifier, envelope, and LFO
Layer up to five simultaneous effects, including distortion, flanger, delay, reverb, low boost, and more
64-voice polyphony for massive sounds without note drop-out
Fun, hands-on control panel that's great for instant gratification, and for learning synthesis
Lightweight, compact body with 37 full-size keys
Runs on AC or battery power for portable convenience
D Beam, arpeggiator, and Phrase Recorder onboard
USB ports for saving user patches to USB flash drives, and for audio/MIDI connection to computers[/b]

[attachment=77400:gaia_whole.JPG][attachment=77401:gaia_left.JPG][attachment=77402:gaia_right.JPG][a
ttachment=77403:gaia_case.JPG][/quote]

Bump

It's absolutely excellent for bass, 3 synth engines in one, filters are good, whole lots of sonic possibilities all of which can be saved as a patch. It's very hands on, and layout wise it's all you would expect from vintage synths. Very light, and it comes with a dedicated Gaia case. You might find sound files on the Roland site.
Reason I bought it was because I used to have many analogue synths when I was younger, and to me this was a very good analogue emulated synth in both layout, format and sound. I got it for a project, but the project collapsed, so was only used a few times over that period and never left my studio.

Hope this helps.
Ade :-)
[quote name='JMT3781' post='1298951' date='Jul 10 2011, 01:46 PM']Whats this like for basses? trying to replace my old moog with something a little less heavy[/quote]
[quote name='JMT3781' post='1298951' date='Jul 10 2011, 01:46 PM']Whats this like for basses? trying to replace my old moog with something a little less heavy[/quote]

• 6 months later...