Why become a member? ×

Gibson Grabber 1 Bass Ebony Sold pending, etc.

ash

Selling one of my three Grabber 1 basses to raise funds for a new project, this Grabber is a later model and is in the original black finish with buckle rash on the back and various dings and chips to the finish. The Gibson decal has been worn away a little (common with these models) but still legible. The sliding pickup and electrics work superbly and the bass has fantastic punch and sustain with a rich fruity tone. The bass is all original with the exception of the fretboard which was replaced many years ago by luthier John Le Voi using a beautiful piece of what looks like ebony. The action is very low and playability second to none. Any questions please message me, these basses are becoming recognised - at last - as a classic bass. Out of all the Gibson basses I think these were the most articulate in terms of tone with a very useable tone - less mud more grunt! Any questions please message me. Am looking for 430. Sorry no case.

[attachment=76835:_B0iLdUg...QVQ___12.jpg]

[attachment=76834:_B0iK_7g...HdQ___12.jpg]

More pics for all who asked - note there is a small square of easily removeable sticker residue on the back.

[attachment=76908:IMGP1976.JPG]

[attachment=76909:IMGP1978.JPG]

[attachment=76910:IMGP1980.JPG]

Edited by ash

[quote name='joegarcia' post='1191290' date='Apr 7 2011, 12:05 AM']Argghhhhhhhh..... hmmmmmm

Edit: Not interested in p/x with any of this are you? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=119874"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=119874[/url][/quote]

Possibly the Moogerfooger

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1191823' date='Apr 7 2011, 03:19 PM']Wasent this on Ebay recently? I sadly missed it! and I will have to miss it again :) Joe, if you aquire this i'll have it off you when you decide to move it on. :)[/quote]
No wasn't on ebay unless you are thinking of when I bought it a couple of years back

[quote name='Shockwave' post='1191823' date='Apr 7 2011, 03:19 PM']Wasent this on Ebay recently? I sadly missed it! and I will have to miss it again :) Joe, if you aquire this i'll have it off you when you decide to move it on. :)[/quote]

Just waiting for some pictures and I'm almost definitely gonna have this. Can't imagine it not being for keeps either I'm afraid Rob. Unlike yourself I don't tend to part with many basses, particularly not all black, vintage US made beauties.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='1192000' date='Apr 7 2011, 05:14 PM']Just waiting for some pictures and I'm almost definitely gonna have this. Can't imagine it not being for keeps either I'm afraid Rob. Unlike yourself I don't tend to part with many basses, particularly not all black, vintage US made beauties.[/quote]

But your tone sounds the same whatever black vintage US made beauty you play.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='1192000' date='Apr 7 2011, 05:14 PM']Just waiting for some pictures and I'm almost definitely gonna have this. Can't imagine it not being for keeps either I'm afraid Rob. Unlike yourself I don't tend to part with many basses, particularly not all black, vintage US made beauties.[/quote]

What about parting with the all black vintage British Rickenfaker? :)

[quote name='joegarcia' post='1194614' date='Apr 10 2011, 02:13 PM']Haha, it's a shame it doesn't get used more nowadays to be honest but it's kinda my most 'different' sounding and playing bass so is unlikely to ever go anywhere I'm afraid.[/quote]

That's a shame, I was going to bid on the original auction but my computer decided to overheat and die on me. Over the years I've come to the conclusion that Ricks are my preference and that GS really suits me. Shame because it would become my 'go to' bass for practically everything.

Awww, don't say that. It's just that the band I used it with are a little quiet at the mo, it'll pick up again. It's a weird sounding thing, probably not what you expect. Bit odd to play as well but loads of character.

Still trying to get the dosh together for this Grabber, someone buy my Moog and Line6 Tremolo! Really dumb time for me to be buying anything having been off sick for a month (self employed) but it's such a beautiful thing.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='1194629' date='Apr 10 2011, 02:25 PM']Awww, don't say that. It's just that the band I used it with are a little quiet at the mo, it'll pick up again. It's a weird sounding thing, probably not what you expect. Bit odd to play as well but loads of character.[/quote]

Give it a good airing dude haha, it's far too nice not to play! That said I do have my John Birch and that's a fine bit of Rickenfakery, but it's far too mint condition to even consider gigging.