Why become a member? ×

*SOLD pending payment* Spear RFB-100, 4-string, jazz-like, fretted darkwood

baboom

This is a Spear RFB-100 for £65 inc UK P&P. It is a great starter bass, although a bit buzzy higher up the fret board. Got me through my first three or four practices with a bluegrass band 18 months ago before buying a nice Fender P.

Having said that, I really like the see through wine coloured varnish, and the figuring in the neck is pretty nice for a guitar at this end of the market. With the right tweaking I reckon this would be a fair bit of bass for the money, I just haven't managed to make it play like a £400 bass yet ;-), but no surprises there since I bought it for £120 I guess.

I paid £120 for it new from CC music in Glasgow, including a thinly padded gig bag. It is not going to get used now that I'm focusing on the DB so it may as well go to a new home. Because it is not perfect due to a bit of fret buzz, I figure this is the sort of price I'd be happy to pay for this sort of performance, over the net sight unseen / sound unheard.

I haven't got a hard case to post it in, but am planning on popping down to the guitar store to get a standard cardboard shipping box and pack it out best I can, using the gig bag as well if possible.

Any questions, fire away. If anyone local wants it, give me a shout. I'm reckoning on £15 - 20 postage so call it £45 for collection from my place.

Cheers
Tim

p.s. the clear plastic shipping film on the pickguard is still on, as is the quality control sticker. It's come away a bit in places and you can see that in the photos - I just never removed it, thinking it would keep the pickguard pristine.

Edited by baboom