Why become a member? ×

Shadow SH950 piezo pickup

I bought this from BC'er Steviedee for £100 last autumn - here's the thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=101923&hl=Shadow"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...3&hl=Shadow[/url]

Stock pic:
[attachment=76299:shadow_pick_up_med.jpg]

The sticky back tape that attaches the jack socket-securing velcro to the bridge has seen better days (but does work still) - that apart its in top nick and perfect working order with original box

Selling as I upgraded to a pricier ATPflex-Electret pickup

How about £80 posted? Thomann has them for £110 plus postage while the cheapest UK retailer I could see has it at £122

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1183325' date='Mar 31 2011, 01:56 PM']I bought this from BC'er Steviedee for £100 last autumn - here's the thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=101923&hl=Shadow"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...3&hl=Shadow[/url]

Stock pic:
[attachment=76299:shadow_pick_up_med.jpg]

The sticky back tape that attaches the jack socket-securing velcro to the bridge has seen better days (but does work still) - that apart its in top nick and perfect working order with original box

Selling as I upgraded to a pricier ATPflex-Electret pickup

How about £80 posted? Thomann has them for £110 plus postage while the cheapest UK retailer I could see has it at £122[/quote]

Dang just bought SH951 from the local store.... bump!

[quote name='baboom' post='1184335' date='Apr 1 2011, 10:13 AM']Dang just bought SH951 from the local store.... bump![/quote]
Sorry 'bout that! So anyone fancy one of these good quality piezo pickups at roughly a third less than new price (sorry to rub in, Baboom)?

[quote name='Clarky' post='1184521' date='Apr 1 2011, 12:02 PM']Sorry 'bout that! So anyone fancy one of these good quality piezo pickups at roughly a third less than new price (sorry to rub in, Baboom)?[/quote]

Erm, have gig wednesday, but am thinking about popping the 951 back so I can buy your 950 - will pm!

[quote name='baboom' post='1185634' date='Apr 2 2011, 10:40 AM']Erm, have gig wednesday, but am thinking about popping the 951 back so I can buy your 950 - will pm![/quote]
Hi there, I left a messgae on your mobile voice mail. Can post this afternoon in jiffy bag or, if you want it in box, can post at post office on Monday. Either way should be with by Wednesday unless it snows or the Royal Mail goes on strike! Paypal gift or bank transfer fine if you want to go ahead.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1185651' date='Apr 2 2011, 11:11 AM']Hi there, I left a messgae on your mobile voice mail. Can post this afternoon in jiffy bag or, if you want it in box, can post at post office on Monday. Either way should be with by Wednesday unless it snows or the Royal Mail goes on strike! Paypal gift or bank transfer fine if you want to go ahead.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for the speedy reply!

I'll pop down to the shop shortly and see if they'll accept a return, then I'll txt on the number you left on the voicemail.

It'll be a bank transfer and I'm leaning towards jiffy bag - but I'll confirm when I know about the return ;-)

[quote name='baboom' post='1185675' date='Apr 2 2011, 11:40 AM']Awesome, thanks for the speedy reply!

I'll pop down to the shop shortly and see if they'll accept a return, then I'll txt on the number you left on the voicemail.

It'll be a bank transfer and I'm leaning towards jiffy bag - but I'll confirm when I know about the return ;-)[/quote]

The shop gracefully received my return - poor things, online competition must be tough, especially from BCers network of excellence!

I bought an ultra mute from them at the same time though, made me feel a bit better :-)

Excited about getting this in the post :-)

If anyone has any suggestions about pre-amps fire away.... I was thinking of using my ODB-3 (1MOhm input impedance) if the worst case happens and the PA only has mic inputs at 600Ohm.