Why become a member? ×

US 2006 Fender Precision - black/black/maple.

Lozz196

[color="#FF0000"][b]ITEM NOW SOLD. [/b][/color]

Up for grabs, my US Fender Precision in black, with black scratchplate, and maple neck/fretboard. Am selling this as I`ve found that I simply prefer rosewood fretboards - very annoyingly, as this bass is a la JJ Burnell/Bruce Foxton look, as in, immensely cool.

Excuse the photos - difficult to take photos of a black bass, and black case, against a dark grey carpet! Hopefully they show the good condition the bass is in.

Made in 2006, the model that came with the S1 switching, however the previous owner removed this, and I have since installed CTS pots on both volume and tone. Pickup is the standard Fender US model. Schaller straplocks fitted.

Modern C shape neck. 20 medium jumbo frets. 9.5" (24.1 cm) Fretboard radius. Width at nut 1.625" (41.3 mm). 34" (86.36 cm) scale length.
The bass is in good condition, no dings/scratches, plays very well, and comes with a Fender hardcase.
Weight is a very comfortable 8.8 lbs.

£650.00 inc delivery within UK. Payment by Paypal please. No trades, thanks.

Edited by Lozz196

This is the bass i've been waiting for on here... I just need to sell my Ricky first! :)
What is the difference in sound between maple and rosewood? I have a Thunderbird which is Rosewood and it sounds ace, but never really tried a maply nack bass.

To me, the maple makes the overall sound "toppier". Think Bruce Foxton from The Jam/JJ from The Stranglers - loads of bass, but still cutting through the mix - that`s what maple does, to my ears. This Precision sounds far more like Bruces/JJs tone, than my rosewood Precisions, on the same amp settings.