Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB1005

lucatus

Bump, photo, links to the other stuff I´m selling and just say I would consider trading some of all this for MM Bongo / MM Big Al...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=129272"]Hofner Violin 500/1 ´63 Reissue (German made) [/url]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=129268"]Fender Precision American Deluxe[/url]

Edited by lucatus

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1187467' date='Apr 4 2011, 10:00 AM']Isn't this TRB1005 rather than TRB5?[/quote]

Yes, TRB1005, when browsing on internet I found some people just call them TRB5. I had an old Japanese one, called it the same, hence the confusion, just changed it, but always stated this is NOT Japanese. Serial and model here!

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1187507' date='Apr 4 2011, 10:38 AM']I didn't want to undermine your thread or anything like that... I was just curious. TRB5 or 1005, it surely is very nice bass![/quote]

No worries, it was my mistake and even though I stated it was korean, it could lead to confusion! Btw, completely off-topic, my girlfriend is also Czech, I¨m visiting Prague next June!

Cheers!

[quote name='alan_01_uk' post='1192156' date='Apr 7 2011, 07:38 PM']Hi can some one tell me the difference between a TRB5 and a TRB1005? Thanks.[/quote]

Hi there,

The TRB5 is the ¨original¨, made in Japan, top quality instrument. They don¨t do them anymore, unfortunately (only the TRBII) I had one and I¨ll always regret selling it.... TRB1005, as well as TRB1004, are the ones they do now, less quality overally, made in Korea, with different woods (alder with maple top, rather than just maple as the TRB). The new ones are not so good, but as a second instrument they are allright. For what I have seen, and in my humble opinion, the difference could be considered as the difference between Fender U.S. Deluxe and Fender Standard MIM (I apologise if someone thinks this is not an appropiate comparation).

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

I have the 4 string version, great guitars, feel solid, active electronics work well, fast neck. Build quality not up to Jap standards (slight gaps around the fret markers), but for the money well worth it. Especially 2nd hand. These were just under a grand new. Don't hesitate, you'll love it!

LC

Thanks for the bump! It´s true they don´t match the japanese but it´s really good value for money!

Cheers

[quote name='LemonCello' post='1296789' date='Jul 8 2011, 08:40 AM']I have the 4 string version, great guitars, feel solid, active electronics work well, fast neck. Build quality not up to Jap standards (slight gaps around the fret markers), but for the money well worth it. Especially 2nd hand. These were just under a grand new. Don't hesitate, you'll love it!

LC[/quote]