Why become a member? ×

Sorry about the pics (cameraphone job) but I am putting this Audere preamp up for sale.

It is currently mounted on a Lakland DJ plate (don't want anybody to be caught out) but it looks like you could easily unscrew the pots from the plate and intall on a standard jazz bass plate if you wanted (obviously you would have to drill a couple of holes if you want the switch and cool flashy blue LED)

The only issue I can see with it is that one of the grub screws that holds onto one of the pickup cable appears to be threaded. I solved the problem by putting a dab of solder on the screw head and attached it to that.

Looking at around £70 excl delivery.

Any takers?

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='Higgie' post='136637' date='Feb 8 2008, 03:40 PM']Argh, tempting, as I've just bought a DJ4, but I dunno if I'll need it as it already has a J-Retro installed. Have you tried a J-Retro? If so, how do these compare?[/quote]

They are both quite similar when the switch is in the central position on the Audere. The other positions give a big, fat bassy/punchy very active sound (massive output) and the third gives a more passive preamp kinda sound.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='137982' date='Feb 11 2008, 09:42 AM']They are both quite similar when the switch is in the central position on the Audere. The other positions give a big, fat bassy/punchy very active sound (massive output) and the third gives a more passive preamp kinda sound.[/quote]

Now on fleaBay.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audere-eq-preamp-control-plate-for-bass-guitar-Lakland_W0QQitemZ280200074761QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audere-eq-preamp-con...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]