Why become a member? ×

How to detect neck damage?

lucatus

Hi there, hope anyone can help me. Today I was adjusting the neck of my Musicman Bongo, they have one of this pieces where you insert a lever perpendicular to the body instead of an allen kind... I¨ve been doing the adjustments for years on my guitars, but I¨m afraid I might have forced it a bit trying to tight it... Is there anything I can do to see if everything is fine?

Cheers

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1174094' date='Mar 23 2011, 11:47 PM']I think the technical term your after is an EBMM wheel of fortune :)[/quote]

Indeed, that´s the thing, thanks! :) I just checked and everything seems fine, although with these new strings (DR High Beams) I can´t have the neck as tight (lower action) as I´m used to, but is still comfortable! Thanks, guys!

[quote name='lucatus' post='1174110' date='Mar 24 2011, 12:10 AM']Indeed, that´s the thing, thanks! :) [b]I just checked and everything seems fine[/b], although with these new strings (DR High Beams) I can´t have the neck as tight (lower action) as I´m used to, but is still comfortable! Thanks, guys![/quote]
Good stuff. :)

How do you like the High Beams on your Bongo? I tried a set on my 'ray once and they lasted about half an hour before I couldn't stand them any longer. They accentuated the mids too much - not ideal on a 'ray.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1174113' date='Mar 24 2011, 12:13 AM']Good stuff. :)

How do you like the High Beams on your Bongo? I tried a set on my 'ray once and they lasted about half an hour before I couldn't stand them any longer. They accentuated the mids too much - not ideal on a 'ray.[/quote]

I like them, although I find them a bit too hard compared to the Rotosound I used before. Still need to try at full volume, next Friday, band practice, lets see... :)

Cheers!

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1174113' date='Mar 24 2011, 01:13 AM']Good stuff. :)

How do you like the High Beams on your Bongo? I tried a set on my 'ray once and they lasted about half an hour before I couldn't stand them any longer. They accentuated the mids too much - not ideal on a 'ray.[/quote]

Tried them the other day rehearsing, and they rock! Even though I was using a small Peavy combo they sounded great, full of punch and not too bright. But it´s true that I tend to emphasize mids on my sound...

Cheers!