Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass Superbooster vs Sansamp

oldslapper

I'm off on a small tour abroad in May, and won't have my own trusty Markbass backline with me, and I'm not sure what I'll end up being presented with.
So with this in mind, I bought a Markbass Superbooster to act as a DI pedal through a PA, or as a pedal through whatever backline I am offered.
The Superbooster has the VLE & VPF controls and a "volume booster".
I had thought about taking this with my Bass pod, to cover all eventualities. (I will be taking a passive bass on this tour by the way).

However, I see a lot of people seem to use the Tech 21 Sansamp as a DI option. And having looked at them on line, they do seem to offer more control (ie volume, 3 band Eq, drive, etc).
A bass player I played with recently came over from the States with her Sansamp, didn't bother with backline, even though I offered her a choice of Markbass, Trace, or Ampeg backline.

Any comparisons, recommendations, thoughts? The Markbass pedal has not been used yet.

Thanks for any assistance,
John

I can't offer a comparison, but I think the fact that the Sansamp has been available for some time & is a good tool put's it ahead in popularity.
However, next year the Superbooster could be the DI to have. I'd see if there's any fellow BCers on here that can loan you or let you try out their Sansamp & compare them together.

I'll read your review in a fortnight :)