Why become a member? ×

SOLD AMPEG SVP PRO Blackface

B.Flat

lHi everybody. This is my first post in the For Sale section, so I hope I get evrything right !
So, yes, AMPEG SVP Pro Blackface 1979. It has been in my rack since new as back-up. I have recently paired it with my trusty MATAMP Q 1300.2 but my elderly shoulders can't take the strain any more. It has the original valve set, but I must reiterate very little use since I bought it. There are a few very minor marks on the top cover where, when checking the interior I put it on top of the fixing screws on my bench DOH! I am retired and living in Brittany but I have a colleague who makes frequent trips to UK so, if any potential buyer is prepared to wait a little, shipping cost should not be too high.
I would like £345 for this fine example.

B.Flat

The Slithy toves did gyre AND gimble ? Unbelievable!

[b][size=6]NOW SOLD[/size][/b]

Edited by B.Flat

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1172346' date='Mar 22 2011, 06:29 PM']Surely the power amp is the trouble more than the pre? I have a Q1000 and it is amongst my heaviest things (not a user of lightweight gear). What are the ratings on the Q1300 anyway? Does it bridge to lower than 8 ohm? I've not seen them before.[/quote]

Yes, absolutely the Quasar is the problem, but as I use both of the units very infrequently I put them together in a rack for another "option" in my equipment. But I cannot see me using them in the future ( How many "options" do I need?) hence the sale.
The Quasar per side is 630watts @ 4 ohms, 385watts @ 8 ohms & 230watts 16 ohms. Bridging is at 8 ohms giving 1310 watts
but it weighs 21.5 kgs !

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1172447' date='Mar 22 2011, 08:01 PM']Hmm, not loads more than the one I have, but now I'm a bit annoyed mine isn't the most powerful of the line.[/quote]

If you would like it you can make me an offer. I didn't advertise it because of the delivery charge but I might be able to get it to Bristol for not a lot