Why become a member? ×

SWR Baby Blue Monitor

Bilbo

Obscure query!!

Years ago (around 1990), I was the proud owner of an SWR Electric Blue amp (head) and a Baby Blue Monitor speaker (essentially the origianl SWR Baby Blue combo but as separates).

To cut a long story short, some small minded, bassball cap wearing nothing at Aust services nr Bristol stole the monitor out of my car in around 1994 (despite there being someone in it at the time!) and I never saw it again. :) Anyway, I never knew the spec on it and wondered if anyone knew what ohmage the cab carried. Does anyone know?

I would love to replace the monitor as I still have the amp head. I use an Eden combo mostly but a spare SWR set up would be great. Does anyone know of one for sale anywhere?

There was one about two years ago in Rikaxe Music in Bristol...who knows, it may still be there? Might even be your old one...given the location.

I seem to remember there were different makes of speaker used (Celestion/Bag End) but I don't recall which was the better.

Good luck (and let me know if you ever want to sell the BB head)

BB