Why become a member? ×

Washburn AB35 Acoustic 5 string FS - NOW SOLD!

pluckedout

SOLD
-------------

Hi all

To resolve some serious recent GAS, I am going to put a number of basses up for sale that are now surplus to requirements.

First up is my Washburn AB35 5 string acoustic bass - this is by far the nicest acoustic bass I've ever played, great sound, great action, and looks superb (IMHO)

It's in excellent condition, some very slight surface swirl marks but nothing else that I can see. Has a Equis preamp and both jack and XLR outputs. Spruce top, mahogany back and sides. Don't see many of these about either and perfect for those beer garden gigs...

Comes with VERY nice Kinsman case that fits it perfectly. Looking for around £300 - would REALLY seriously rather not post this but if absolutely required then it will be about £30-40 - it's obviously a bit bigger than a regular electric. I'm in Salisbury but can deliver anywhere along the M3 for diesel costs and am occasionally in Swindon and Nottingham as well.

Edited by pluckedout

Killer bass - when I was in Ronan's band I needed to get an acoustic bass; I got it one of these and it was brilliant live with flats on. I've still got it and would hate to sell it. The B's tight as hell but you really need to play it sitting down or risk looking like you're in a Mariachi band.
I lent it to Lee Pomeroy for a TT session at Maida Vale too (he played it upside down!!) and Jimmy Sims as a spare for his 4.
Excellent.

Sorry, acoustic bass + no hardcase + 2 hour cargo flight = worry for me! I'd rather keep it than take the risk of it getting damaged :-(

thanks for the interest anyway

[quote name='ialma' post='1171370' date='Mar 21 2011, 09:34 PM']I would have bought in seconds.
Too bad you don't want to take the shipping risk...[/quote]

[quote name='largo' post='1172670' date='Mar 22 2011, 09:51 PM']that's me out too, didn't know what a Kinsman Case was but guessing it's not a hardcase :)[/quote]

Me too! I have one of these in a natural finish and have been looking out for a spare since the day I knocked a hole in the back (since repaired). Great price for a great bass.
As Nick said the B string is incredibly tight - did you mention it's a 35" scale? I guess that's where the name originates...

Great basses. I've had one in the past and it really was top notch.

I'm M3 corridor and would buy it if I had any spare cash; the only [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=114397&hl=veillette"]trade bait [/url]I have, if the OP is even interested in trades, would involve cash my way :)

And nobody has mentioned the slipper action going on in the corner of the picture! :)

Anyway, bump for a excellent piece of kit.

Cheers

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' post='1172995' date='Mar 23 2011, 09:57 AM']And nobody has mentioned the slipper action going on in the corner of the picture! :)

Cheers

Gareth[/quote]

It comes to us all.................. slippers, nice.

D'oh. Meant to upload a picture of the bass in the case.

It is 35" scale, and yes, I wear slippers. Rock on!

[quote name='largo' post='1172670' date='Mar 22 2011, 09:51 PM']that's me out too, didn't know what a Kinsman Case was but guessing it's not a hardcase :)[/quote]

On eBay now - slippers not included. Would still rather sell it here...

[quote name='pluckedout' post='1173827' date='Mar 23 2011, 08:30 PM']D'oh. Meant to upload a picture of the bass in the case.

It is 35" scale, and yes, I wear slippers. Rock on![/quote]

[quote name='pluckedout' post='1175174' date='Mar 24 2011, 08:17 PM']On eBay now - slippers not included. Would still rather sell it here...[/quote]

[color="#008000"]Hello,
I am interested in your 5 string acustic bass and I have sent you a PM.

Cheers[/color]