Why become a member? ×

The Feeling

PURPOLARIS

I'm skiing in Meribel this week and it turns out The Feeling were playing here too. Watched them on Sunday night in an outdoor concert and they were very good. They're playing at Rond Point shortly, I'm already here having my après ski, just had a chat to the Bass Player, seems a very nice down to earth chap and his Bass Playing is to notch. He's using a guild bass through an Ampeg amp, sounds great. Does après ski get any better :)

[quote name='cetera' post='1163281' date='Mar 15 2011, 04:28 PM']Richard is a lovely bloke and a great melodic bassist to boot!

Please tell him "Hi!" from Gary (his contact at PRS) :)[/quote]

Got the message across, he'll text you. If he says some mad Scotsman was heckling him (in a nice way), it was me :)

By the way, they were absolutely brilliant it's not every day you get to see a band like that doing a pub gig. It was my sister in laws 50th birthday as well which made it all the more special.

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='1163448' date='Mar 15 2011, 06:14 PM']Got the message across, he'll text you. If he says some mad Scotsman was heckling him (in a nice way), it was me :)

By the way, they were absolutely brilliant it's not every day you get to see a band like that doing a pub gig. It was my sister in laws 50th birthday as well which made it all the more special.[/quote]

Lovely! What a top blokey he is :)

Not met the bassist but I had a nice old chat with the singer when we played at the same festival a couple of years back. He'd not long been off stage so he was yapping like a good'un, he was very excited :) Really nice bloke. And I have great respect for the band, they write really interesting songs, music from the heart.

[quote name='crez5150' post='1164075' date='Mar 16 2011, 08:59 AM']Am I right in thinking that they started off as, dare I mention it here, a cover band?[/quote]

Yep, playing the 'apres ski' in places like Meribel they built up a very tight set of covers, then branched into writing their own stuff....

[quote name='cetera' post='1164199' date='Mar 16 2011, 11:09 AM']Yep, playing the 'apres ski' in places like Meribel they built up a very tight set of covers, then branched into writing their own stuff....[/quote]

Yep, here they are on the day playing two covers. They did a few more covers but I didn't record them.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycpgY7e1rV4"]The Feeling - Rond Point[/url]