Why become a member? ×

FS - 2001 Music Man Stingray 3EQ - SOLD PENDING

Me And My Bass

Up for sale - Another one of my Stingrays!

Love this bass to pieces but a man can only have so many basses - well according to my girlfriend that's the case!

2001 natural Stingray with maple neck. This bass has been my work horse over the last 7 years and as such has picked up a few nicks on the way.

Last year it received a set-up, service & clean from our very own 7String (Mark) @ set up's Glasgow. He gave it a clean bill of health.

Maple fret board & back of neck could do with a good clean. I will try and post up some close up pictures tomorrow.

Looking for [b]£700 + P&P (ONO)[/b]. Bass comes with a hard case (non-MM).

PICTURES - A few taken by Mark when he gave it a service ....& the only other one's l have are action shots of me and the axe in action lol! Please don't be put off!. I will get some good shots up tomorrow.

[attachment=74662:me_bass_1.jpg] [attachment=74663:CC_MM_4.JPG] [attachment=74664:CC_MM_10.JPG] [attachment=74665:CCMM_3.JPG]

Edited by Me And My Bass

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1159943' date='Mar 12 2011, 10:25 PM']Are you sure of the dating?
The neck stamp says May 1999. I know in theory it's possible they put it on a 2001 body but as far as I've seen the neck and body dates are usually fairly close.

Lovely bass btw. :)[/quote]

Yeah your spot on mate, I think l only cross checked the serial on one of the MM dating sites but thats prob what happened.

Its a cracking bass, sad to see it going now! lol

I have some mirrored scratchplates for sale that will fit this bass.

I have one on my own Natural Stingray.

Please look for Musicman Stingray Scratchplate on ebay. My username is Funky Monkey.

They look great on these basses. Other colours available, and also for other basses.

Cheers.