Why become a member? ×

HARTKE HX112 HYDRIVE cabs

voxpop

I'm looking for a couple of cabs to go with the excellent SWR headlite and was wodering if any of you guys and girls tried the new HARTKE HX112 HYDRIVE cabs. In the past I have used Hartke and found them to be very good and I really like the " sound " of 12 inch drivers.

Other ideas are the SWR 8x8 or a couple of thier new Golite 15's.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1158216' date='Mar 11 2011, 03:49 PM']yes iv owned it since the day it was released and t is awesome. If you like the Hydrive sound its the best cab ever[/quote]

Is it tight and punchy with the typical 12" warm mids.????? :)

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1158216' date='Mar 11 2011, 03:49 PM']yes iv owned it since the day it was released and t is awesome. If you like the Hydrive sound its the best cab ever[/quote]

Quite interested in these myself in my search for a small, lightweight and inexpensive setup. Been looking at 2 of these with the LH500 and the Ibanez Promethean 210 combo. The Promethean would be nearly 300 quid less. Have to admit, the 4/8 ohms switch, whilst a great idea, makes me worry about reliability issues in a "more things to go wrong" kind of way. However, I bet when teamed up with the LH500 they sound great.

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='1158686' date='Mar 11 2011, 09:32 PM']Quite interested in these myself in my search for a small, lightweight and inexpensive setup. Been looking at 2 of these with the LH500 and the Ibanez Promethean 210 combo. The Promethean would be nearly 300 quid less. Have to admit, the 4/8 ohms switch, whilst a great idea, makes me worry about reliability issues in a "more things to go wrong" kind of way. However, I bet when teamed up with the LH500 they sound great.[/quote]
I've the hydrive 4 10 and I'm using it instead of my proline ebs 4 10, it's light small tight and alsome, I bet the 2 12 is much the same quality

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have both the 4x10 Hydrive and the 1x12, I've just gotten back of a year long gig (on a ship) playing every night. didn't bother taking my big 4x10, just my little 1x12 and have found it to be not only the most versitile but the lightest little cab I've ever seen! Its an absolute beaut- if you like your top end brights with a serious low end this could be the cab for you. however- try one see if you like the sound as its not to everyones taste.

mind you saying that I play an old pbass so I love all the top end I can get whilst still having that sick bottom!!!!

if all else fails ring larry hartke. seriously his number is on the net if you google him- he's also on facebook too............ (NO WORD OF A LIE! he sorted me my cabs out a little cheaper if i endorsed!)