Why become a member? ×

Valve Amp Bias Tools for sale - EL34 and EL84 - SOLD

I found these in a tool box today while searching for something else. They are bias tools for biasing valve amps - basically plug the tool in where the valve would go, plug the valve into the tool and connect a multimeter. Made by a company called SRS in America

I bought these about 18 months ago as I had a Marshall JCM800 valve head and a friend had a H&K valve amp so I needed to bias them. I bought them from America and by the time they were delivered I had sold my JCM800 for a DSL401 (which has bias points built in) and my friend had sold his valve amp so I have never used these!

The one at the left of the picture is for a single EL84 (or similar) valve while the right one is for two EL34's or similar.

[attachment=18254:bias.jpg]

I recall paying around £75 for the pair when I bought them (by the time I added postage, tax and Parcelfarce's charge for collection the tax). I'm looking for £18.00 for the EL84 one and £33.00 for the EL34 one including UK postage.

I can accept paypal.

Please contact me if you want to know more, want to ask questions or make me an offer.

Thanks

Andy :)

Edited by backwater

Very interesting. I would snap your hand off but my amp has a visual bias system comprising of some fancy LEDs but I would have found this good fun otherwise. Quite a rare piece of kit I should imagine?

Actually I know someone who may well be interested in these, I will check.

Cheers
ped

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='backwater' post='374456' date='Jan 8 2009, 09:17 PM']BUMP.

I still have these and I'm open to reasonable offers on them, (Just found them in a toolbox as I forgot I had them!)

Andy ;)[/quote]

Andy,
I'm a new member here but have been posting on Musicradar for donkeys. I found this via Google and I'm DESPERATE for the probes you're selling. Are they still for sale?

I live in Fife but work at the Gyle. Can meet with cash whenever suits as I need these ASAP! Long story!

Regards

Kev