Why become a member? ×

Kent Armstrong Hot P bass pickup (ceramic)

Mod_Machine

Anyone have any experience of these - any good?

Any other type of P bass or mustang bullet style pick up round the £30 mark that compares or exceeds?

This is to replace stock bronco pickup on a bronco to mustang conversion, so if anyone knows of anywhere that does mustang sized replacement pickups at similar price also advise?

cheers
Mod

I put some of these in my Washburn Scavenger bass and the difference to the stock pups was marked. Much brighter and 'growlier' when pushed. I haven't ever fitted any other types to anything but these do the job for not a lot of money.

Cheers,

Bass Doc,
Not keen on ordering from USA as had a number of bad experiences recently including products going missing and of course the import costs making what seem quite good deals to begin with seem a tad high.
The delivery cost on the mustang bass pickup is $27 which is gutting as it means the total for the pickup is $66 dollars and a tad above my budget, so ideally looking for something uk based...or with a uk distribution office or network.

Edited by Mod_Machine

My post was not clear - I was talking about Kent Armstrong, not Mustang. You can get Kent Armstrong pups [url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/Hot_P_Bass_Pickup_Ceramic_Magnets_PBO-1"]from here[/url] in England.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but for the record: I've got a MusicMan style pup in my Wishbass. Wow, does that thing growl. Loads of punch and really sexy!
[url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/kent-armstrong-bass-pickups-169-c.asp"]WD Music[/url] (I've no connection, and not yet bought from them) sell them for £59. That's a real bargain for a great pup.

I need some Soapbars for my LTD that I want to make passive, so I'll be going for the 2 of those.