Why become a member? ×

EMG's paired with othr active pups?

mojobass

just wondered if any active pup will work with the EMG eq systems? i.e. ive got an emg Pbass pup and the bass i'm working on has p/j config so gonna drop the emg P pup in along with an old status active jazz pup, both are active pups so in theory this should work!?

or can the emg pup work with another active eq system such as bart/SD??

cheers

[quote name='icastle' post='1148291' date='Mar 3 2011, 12:50 PM']EMG active circuits are pretty standard and most of them even support the use of passive pups.

The one's that you probably can't just plonk any old thing in are:

EMG-EXG
EMG-EXB
EMG-BTC
EMG-BTS
EMG-BQC
EMG-BQS[/quote]

This is not entirely correct - you can use the BTC/BTS/BQC/BQS [i][b]control [/b][/i]with any pickup. It's the BTC/BTS/BQC/BQS [i][b]system [/b][/i]which mandates the use of EMG pickups - probably because of the blend control.

[quote name='neepheid' post='1148297' date='Mar 3 2011, 12:59 PM']This is not entirely correct - you can use the BTC/BTS/BQC/BQS [i][b]control [/b][/i]with any pickup. It's the BTC/BTS/BQC/BQS [i][b]system [/b][/i]which mandates the use of EMG pickups - probably because of the blend control.[/quote]

Yes, I was in two minds as to whether I should include the BT and BQ systems in there.
It just seemed easier to include them to avoid 'early onset confusion'. :)

[quote name='icastle' post='1148314' date='Mar 3 2011, 01:15 PM']Yes, I was in two minds as to whether I should include the BT and BQ systems in there.
It just seemed easier to include them to avoid 'early onset confusion'. :)[/quote]

Yes, but the point is you CAN plonk any old thing into the "control"s, just not to the "system"s, and even if you end up with a system, just make your own arrangements for volume/blend/switching and feed the results of that into the control, I'm pretty sure that the EQ bit is identical. I have a BQC control in my Epi Les Paul - EMG pickups but going through 2 volumes and a 3 way switch then onto the BQC.