Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1970 reissue CIJ SOLD PENDING

Here we have my CIJ Precision, 1970 reissue, ash and maple. It's one of the premium models with US pickups.

It was purchased last year from Far East Guitars, and I'm looking to trade for a yummy sounding, light 4x10 (or any other cab that could be used as a standalone on loud gigs, which isn't too big or heavy). Alternatively, I'd sell it for what I paid, £550.

It's a very chunky sounding P-Bass in pretty good condition, but it does have a few little dings here and there, all of which were present when I bought the bass. I've photographed the worst (they aren't too bad at all), which are on the neck. Of course these don't affect the playability in any way, and they don't overshadow the lush piece of ash used for the body, and the quartersawn neck. The action is very low, and it has a very slim neck for a precision - 40mm at the nut, so it's lovely to play.

I put the white pickup covers on, but I still have the black ones in the drawer, so I'd include those. It's currently strung with Chromes flats, and sounds ace - very old school!

The serial number dates it to 2005-2006.

The reason I'm selling is purely down to circumstances - some little chav slammed into my car a couple of months ago, and this bass is now too heavy for my back. :) (My bathroom scales say it's about 10 lbs). So, I'm currently putting together a parts-precision, which will be lighter...

Edited by guybrush threepwood