Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Free Lessons

tomb

[quote name='hellothere' post='1157153' date='Mar 10 2011, 08:32 PM']Ok, I'm convinced, what is the best way to start learning how to read? I know a teacher would probably ideal but what would the best place/way to start learning for free?[/quote]

Check the Majors very own set of lessons here, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=74284"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=74284[/url]

They start from lesson 20.

Other than that, get hold of any and every piece of music you can get your hands on and work through it.

I think my problem is not actually finding lessons but finding out what order I should learn things in order to increase my understanding. Its easy to find lessons on scales, chords, triads, etc but no-one says "Learn this, then this will lead you into learning this, and so on...". I guess I'm looking for a structured course rather than individual lessons.

[quote name='chugster' post='1160429' date='Mar 13 2011, 01:16 PM']I think my problem is not actually finding lessons but finding out what order I should learn things in order to increase my understanding. Its easy to find lessons on scales, chords, triads, etc but no-one says "Learn this, then this will lead you into learning this, and so on...". I guess I'm looking for a structured course rather than individual lessons.[/quote]

That's why a good teacher is always a better option