Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Yamaha TRB1004 Natural for sale

TRBboy

[font="Arial"][size=4][b]Yamaha TRB1004 in Natural for sale, including hard case[/b][/size]

[size=3]This is a fantastic bass that has served me well playing all styles from the local pantomime to metal! I will be very sad to see it go.......

It has a very clear, punchy, articulate sound and the alnico humbuckers teamed with the active 3-band eq are capable of producing a vast array of sounds.

Full specs can be found here; [url="http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-basses/trb/trb1004j/?mode=model"]Yamaha TRB1004[/url]

One of many glowing reviews can be found here; [url="http://www.bassplayer.com/article/yamaha-trb1004/jul-06/21410"]Bass player review - TRB1004[/url]

It has a 35" scale, 24 frets, Brass bridge, Solid alder body with a beautiful quilted maple top and matching headstock (stunning!), and the hardware is kind of black chrome.

I have owned it from new ('06 I think), and used it a lot, but it has been well looked after (I used to do repairs, set-ups, etc. for a living). The neck is straight, and the action is pretty low. Fret wear is minimal. If you look very hard in the right light, there are some very light buckle marks on the back, and slight marks from popping the g-string between the neck pickup and fretboard. There is also a slight mark on the edge on the headstock (nearest E string), and some minute dings on the neck. The bridge shows some slight oxidisation which is common to this type of finish. There is also some slight 'smoothing' on the edge of the neck pickup from my thumb.

I want to give you as much detail about the condition as possible so that you know exactly what you are buying and there are no surprises. I would generally describe the bass as being in very good condition, and is an absolute joy to play.

I have just re-strung it with GHS Bass Boomers 45-105, so the strings are brand new.

When I bought it new, they were just shy of £800. I am asking only £350 for it as I could do with a quick sale. Included is a hard case to prevent damage in transit.

[attachment=73648:IMG_0577.JPG]

[attachment=73649:IMG_0578.JPG]

[attachment=73650:IMG_0583.JPG]
[/size]
[/font]

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='tomb' post='1147854' date='Mar 2 2011, 11:13 PM']im so damn temped to get this... but the price is just a nono for me 350+postage would be well over 400€ and then there no money for an amp :\

if i had more money this would really be mine[/quote]

How much less would it have to be to be worthwhile?

no idea, depends on how much the postage is to Madeira Island and how much it would all come out in euros.

its probably more bass then i will ever need but its beautiful, comes with a hard case and its a brand everyone says well.