Why become a member? ×

FS: Marcus Miller Jazz Bass/Bitsa

Jono Bolton

Hi all! I've got an unusual one here, it's a Marcus Miller Jazz Bass but with a maple Mighty Mite Jazz neck and 70s style Hipshot tuners. I bought the Body on here about 2 years ago and previously had an Allparts neck on it which wasn't much good, so I put the Mighty Mite neck on it which is a million times better.

I put all this together about a year ago but I'm thinking about swapping for a Precision, preferably Sunburst or black. The body's completely stock, all electrics working, and I sourced all the other parts myself, neck, tuners, neck plate etc. I've also got the pickup cover for the neck pickup.

The action's really nice and it's a dream to play and it sounds good too! It's in really good condition too with the exception of a mark on the back of the neck and a hole in the headstock where, like a chump, I drilled straight through while putting on the tuners. Both of these are included in the pictures. Could do with a new set of strings and when I received the body the Micro tilt screw for adjusting the neck was AWOL, so it's just shimmed normally to accomodate the Badass II.

If anyone is interested you can contact me via the mobile number on my profile under 'Interests' as I don't get on here often!

[attachment=73618:IMG_1025.JPG]
[attachment=73619:IMG_1026.JPG]
[attachment=73620:IMG_1027.JPG]
[attachment=73621:IMG_1028.JPG]
[attachment=73622:IMG_1029.JPG]
[attachment=73623:IMG_1030.JPG]
[attachment=73624:IMG_1034.JPG]

EDIT: Currently on hold!

Edited by Jono Bolton

[quote name='tom1946' post='1149183' date='Mar 4 2011, 07:35 AM']I'm intrigued. How low can you get the action without rattling? I've owned a couple of MM's and couldn't get a good, really low action which is important to me.[/quote]

To be honest I'm not completely sure. I had it set up last February and haven't adjusted it since, and the action's quite low. I normally have the action set at low-to-medium, and this is probably the easiest playing bass I've owned. However there is a little bit of buzz and clank, but amplified it's never been a problem. Over the weekend I'll get my ruler out and measure the string height for you.

Killing 2 birds with one stone by bumping, and pointing out that these pictures are from last summer, the neck has aged nicely since then and doesn't look so anaemic! The same goes for the Tusq nut, which has gone slightly brown with time.

[quote name='faiz0802' post='1157755' date='Mar 11 2011, 10:24 AM']I'd buy this right now if it wasn't for the mighty mite neck... I'm kinda looking for the whole package, unaltered.. Have the electronics been altered in any way?[/quote]

Nope, all electrics are completely stock, nothing has been altered at all. The passive sound is classic Jazz, with the pre-amp on it sounds huge! Apologies for the neck, I bought the body on here from another Basschatter who used the neck in a project of his own.

Edited by Jono Bolton

[quote name='faiz0802' post='1158246' date='Mar 11 2011, 04:14 PM']Ah. I see. Where are you located? Any chance I can come round and have a look at the bass? Also, is the original neck available anywhere, I'd like to mod it back to original sometime incase I like what you're offering...[/quote]

I'm in Glasgow, if you want to come and try it you're more than welcome. As for the original neck, I bought the body from Mr Fudge, you'd need to contact him to see if he's looking to sell.