Why become a member? ×

Siggery Road Bass V

JakeBrownBass

So i've had a lot of questions & enquires about this bass so i thought i'd record a few quick recordings. The playings sloppy but its' a hungover saturday morning so i'll let it fly :)

So, a little bit about the basses electronics.

Its currently fitted with a Glockenlang 3 band 9v preamp & each pickup has a 3 way coil selector switch meaning there are lots of pickup variations & sounds to be taken from the bass. It has active & passive modes. So in theory the are 18 different pickup variations to have between active & passive. I've recorded a couple of examples.

Anyway,

All the clips have been recorded straight into protools with no editing done to them. No compression or EQ.
The First 4 clips all have 3 rounds on them using the various pickup selections.

Hum-bucking Parallel ----> Single Coil ----> Hum-bucking Series

[b]Clip 1[/b]

Passive Mode. Both Pickups.

[attachment=73268:Siggery_Clip_1.mp3]

[b]Clip 2[/b]

Passive Mode. Bridge Pickup.

[attachment=73269:Siggery_Clip_2.mp3]

[b]Clip 3[/b]

Passive Mode. Neck Pickup

[attachment=73270:Siggery_Clip_3.mp3]

[b]Clip 4[/b]

Active with a touch of bass boost. Both Pickups

[attachment=73271:Siggery_Clip_4.mp3]

[b]Clip 5[/b]

The obligatory slap clip
Active with some bass & treble boost & mid cut. Both pickups.

[attachment=73272:Siggery_Clip_5.mp3]

I could be here all day recording all the possibilities & mixes of pickup coils & eq but hopefully this gives anyone that was interested some kind of idea.

Jake

Edited by J.R.Bass

[quote name='Rumple' post='1142509' date='Feb 26 2011, 05:00 PM']Slightly off topic but how do you rate the finish on your Siggery? I ask because I have had a reasonably priced quote from Martin to re-finish a body for me.

Cheers

R.[/quote]

Hey,

I'm sure i replied to your pm that you sent me?

The finish is great, its only a gloss but absolutely no sign of overspray and no cracks or lines anywhere.

It could be worth giving Molan a pm as he has had this bass ands its 4 string brother so will be able to tell you what the pair were like.

Jake

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='1142541' date='Feb 26 2011, 05:15 PM']Hey,

I'm sure i replied to your pm that you sent me?

The finish is great, its only a gloss but absolutely no sign of overspray and no cracks or lines anywhere.

It could be worth giving Molan a pm as he has had this bass ands its 4 string brother so will be able to tell you what the pair were like.

Jake[/quote]

Forgive me, now you mention it you did reply.

Thanks again Jake

Dave