Why become a member? ×

calling all Dave Hall Amps users

Chris Horton

Hi, I have an Epifani rig which i love and want to also get a valve tone from time to time.

I am looking into a few different rack mount pre amps and I really like the look of the Dave Hall Amps VT3-Twin-EQ-Bass-RM .

I don't know anyone that uses them near me , What do people think about it ?

Pros & Cons etc.

Is this worth checking out ? or am I barking up the wrong tree ?

Mant thanks
Chris

Edited by Chris Horton

I haven't tried any of DAve's rack gear but do have a few of his pedals on my board including the VT2 valve OD. I love his stuff, the sound, the look, the whole thing, although understand it's not to everyone's taste. Given everything I have heard about the VT3 including the review on here (assume you've checked out?) I would say it is essential to try it. Dave's based in Devon; you are in Devon. SUrely you dont need anyone other than Dave to let you try a VT3 (assuming he has one)?

Edited by RichardFoggo

I had a different one - the VT1-EQ-Bassdrive.
The Bass knob was centered pretty low (think THUMP). I liked it.

Dave is simply one of the best pedal guys I have ever dealt with - excellent communication, and very honest replies - and I'm saying this from Australia!

:) If Dave's got what you need make sure you come back and tell us about it. UNless it's brilliant then dont cause I will get put out my misery if I try to buy another thing. :)

[quote name='Chris Horton' post='1133829' date='Feb 19 2011, 09:48 PM']I just looked on multi map and found that DHA are about a 90 minuite drive from my house :D

ya learn something new every day . . . . . . . what a plomker :lol:[/quote]

[quote name='Chris Horton' post='1133829' date='Feb 19 2011, 09:48 PM']I just looked on multi map and found that DHA are about a 90 minuite drive from my house :)

ya learn something new every day . . . . . . . what a plomker :)[/quote]

A village called Dolton, near Winkleigh.

I don't keep much stock as I build to order. But, the Vt3-Twin-EQ-Bass-RM is really a VT2-Twin-EQ-Bass plus a VT1-Bob the blender with a tuner mute and 2 extra DI's. They sound like all my other Vt1 and Vt2 pedals, the tone is the same. Check out reviews on the VT2-Twin-EQ-Bass.

normally have a Vt2 here so you are welcome to try that.

• 2 weeks later...